Mosin Posted October 30, 2010 Report Posted October 30, 2010 IDK if 2 15's would fit in your Impala. Not sure though I guess... 2 12's might be a better choice. Hifonics makes decent amps for cheap. Or find a trusted seller on here and buy used. Or are you looking to buy new only? This amp is good for the money if you can fit it in your budget. Even comes with a 0g amp kit. Run it at 2-ohms then when you upgrade just get woofers that can be wired to 1-ohm. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_29865_MB+Quart+DSC+1500.1D+-DSC1500.1D-+%2B+Amplifier+Kit.html Derp.
Carroot1 Posted October 30, 2010 Report Posted October 30, 2010 What other items would you suggest? Please try to keep this rather cheap as money is not flowing fast. Budget is probably $350 for both amp/sub. I also see that the Alpine is cheaper on sonic, but through crutchfield it's free shipping, and I get the free installation equipment. hmmm this sub has some good reviews and sonic electronix is a good website to buy this stuff:) SUB http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17677_Power+Acoustik+MOFO-152X.html
billy101 Posted October 30, 2010 Author Report Posted October 30, 2010 hmmm this sub has some good reviews and sonic electronix is a good website to buy this stuff:) SUB http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17677_Power+Acoustik+MOFO-152X.html I actually was looking at that one, but didn't know about the brand name. @Solo_x18 - I think 2 15s would fit fine. For example, I'm 6'2" and can lay in the trunk horizontally with my legs bent at the knees, and be semi-comfortable, so I think it's feasible , lol. I'm on DC's website right now, they don't have ANY prices...how are they price wise? Looking at the specifications...if I were to do 2 Level 1s 15s or 12s, or 1 Level 2 15 or 12", depending on the prices. I wish they had the prices on the site. :/ First System 2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles. Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U. Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way. Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm. Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge. Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt.
Carroot1 Posted October 30, 2010 Report Posted October 30, 2010 I actually was looking at that one, but didn't know about the brand name. @Solo_x18 - I think 2 15s would fit fine. For example, I'm 6'2" and can lay in the trunk horizontally with my legs bent at the knees, and be semi-comfortable, so I think it's feasible , lol. I'm on DC's website right now, they don't have ANY prices...how are they price wise? Looking at the specifications...if I were to do 2 Level 1s 15s or 12s, or 1 Level 2 15 or 12", depending on the prices. I wish they had the prices on the site. :/ A level 4 15 would be sick and might be withing your price range if not a a level three you need to call a local dealer to find out the price..
Ao1FTW Posted October 30, 2010 Report Posted October 30, 2010 That level 4 15 will not be in his price range from what I know. I'd stick to the level 2s. You gotta call DC up for the prices, (775).425.5700. 2012 Civic Si Coupe - Nada lol Youtube
billy101 Posted October 30, 2010 Author Report Posted October 30, 2010 A level 4 15 would be sick and might be withing your price range if not a a level three you need to call a local dealer to find out the price.. Hm, there's a dealer 5 hours away from me, too far. I will give that dealer a call Monday afternoon. I would love a level 4, but let's get practical, that will take a lot of amp to get it moving. @Ao1FTW - I know it will be out of my price range, those have gotta be like 450 - 550+ if not more. I really hope the level 2s or 1s are not too expensive. Would love to be the only person at my school with DCs. I'm a junior. 1 more year.... First System 2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles. Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U. Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way. Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm. Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge. Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt.
moetpoppin Posted October 30, 2010 Report Posted October 30, 2010 Hifonics makes decent amps for cheap. hell yess they do! 1.5kWRMS for 200 bucks i liiikkee TY Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G. Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3........... Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right? yep..... Two Pyle 15"s Build log
Carroot1 Posted October 30, 2010 Report Posted October 30, 2010 Hm, there's a dealer 5 hours away from me, too far. I will give that dealer a call Monday afternoon. I would love a level 4, but let's get practical, that will take a lot of amp to get it moving. @Ao1FTW - I know it will be out of my price range, those have gotta be like 450 - 550+ if not more. I really hope the level 2s or 1s are not too expensive. Would love to be the only person at my school with DCs. I'm a junior. 1 more year.... they can ship it to you, well its a great sub and if you set your gains and settings right you will be satisfied. Just get a decent amp then upgrade in the future maybe 700 watts or more
Ao1FTW Posted October 30, 2010 Report Posted October 30, 2010 Hm, there's a dealer 5 hours away from me, too far. I will give that dealer a call Monday afternoon. I would love a level 4, but let's get practical, that will take a lot of amp to get it moving. @Ao1FTW - I know it will be out of my price range, those have gotta be like 450 - 550+ if not more. I really hope the level 2s or 1s are not too expensive. Would love to be the only person at my school with DCs. I'm a junior. 1 more year.... Having different subs no1 has heard of is always cool! I like that about FI and DC 2012 Civic Si Coupe - Nada lol Youtube
Carroot1 Posted October 30, 2010 Report Posted October 30, 2010 hell yess they do! 1.5kWRMS for 200 bucks i liiikkee I hope your talking about the brutus line hfi doesnt "put out"
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.