Ao1FTW Posted October 30, 2010 Report Posted October 30, 2010 depends on your electrical too. Hifonics amps can do rated or pretty close to rated with a good alt and batt 2012 Civic Si Coupe - Nada lol Youtube
billy101 Posted October 30, 2010 Author Report Posted October 30, 2010 Okay, so let's say a DC Level 2 10" or 12", hell maybe 15" is in my budget, what amplifier would you guys recommend for the wattage rating of the Level 2s? First System 2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles. Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U. Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way. Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm. Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge. Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt.
Carroot1 Posted October 30, 2010 Report Posted October 30, 2010 depends on your electrical too. Hifonics amps can do rated or pretty close to rated with a good alt and batt that may be true but without that it wont get close. heres a thread i started a while ago http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/90234-your-thoughts-about-hifonics-2500d/page__p__1235328__hl__Hifonics__fromsearch__1entry1235328
Ao1FTW Posted October 30, 2010 Report Posted October 30, 2010 Since you dont have alot to spend i'd say one of the Hifonics brutus amps. Good amp for the price. I have one and haven't had a single issue with it @Caroot Ah okay I see what your saying now. Still gotta think about the budget he is on though. Its still a good amp for what your paying for though. Until you have that money to throw around for a good amp 2012 Civic Si Coupe - Nada lol Youtube
Carroot1 Posted October 30, 2010 Report Posted October 30, 2010 I HEARD that brutus blows away the HFi series and does rated.
CJ18 Posted October 30, 2010 Report Posted October 30, 2010 i would go with either a 10 or a 12 in the truck unless you plan to take up alot of space in the trunk. Like it has been said before in this thread, call DC and look in into a level 2 10 or 12.
Ao1FTW Posted October 30, 2010 Report Posted October 30, 2010 I have the hifonics brutus 1610d and im pretty impressed with it for what I payed! Getting the AQ2200D soon though 2012 Civic Si Coupe - Nada lol Youtube
billy101 Posted October 30, 2010 Author Report Posted October 30, 2010 Alright, I've found this amp on amazon. let me know if you think it's a good deal. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001R7VPGS/sr=1-3/qid=1288417996/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1288417996&sr=1-3&seller= First System 2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles. Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U. Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way. Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm. Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge. Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt.
Carroot1 Posted October 30, 2010 Report Posted October 30, 2010 I have the hifonics brutus 1610d and im pretty impressed with it for what I payed! Getting the AQ2200D soon though I have the aq1200D, hits plenty hard. I love aq's clipping lights
Ao1FTW Posted October 30, 2010 Report Posted October 30, 2010 Thats a good price, but if you get that dc level 2 make sure you watch how you set your gains. Ik DC rates conservatively, but better safe than sorry imo 2012 Civic Si Coupe - Nada lol Youtube
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.