Has anyone ever made one, Thinking about going out and working on my truck, And get some started on it. So basically i am just looking for pointers. Or possible build log of that someone did. I would buy one for my truck, But then again how would i have a custom one-off roll pan. Money is no issue, So any supplies i would need, Just tell me and i could pick them up if they are local to me. So any help or direction would be completely awesome.

Edited by David78

...............................____

...............__________|___\____

..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)

1978 F-150 Ranger Lariat

2 Sets of Sound-stream Components

Sony Head-unit

DDM Tuning 8000k's

Euro Headlights (Projectors Soon)

Green Led Wheel Wells

Dark Red Tails Tint

O i actually thought i was going to get help when i seen someone posted lol.

1978 F-150 Ranger Lariat

Sony Head-unit

DDM Tuning 8000k's

Green Led Wheel Wells

Dark Red Tails Tint

I'm curious as to why you have to make the roll pan...it would be far easier, cheaper, and better for the long run to just buy one...a little more information? I'm a pretty good bodyman and I wouldn't even make my own roll pan.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I'm curious as to why you have to make the roll pan...it would be far easier, cheaper, and better for the long run to just buy one...a little more information? I'm a pretty good bodyman and I wouldn't even make my own roll pan.

Thanks for your input... Reason why i want to make a roll pan, Is because I like to make my own stuff, Just Building stuff with my own hands makes me feel good and calms me down... I would agree it might be easier, And it wont be cheaper already have the Aluminum/Steel/Fiberglass/ or whatever i plan on using. But i dont think it will be better because it will be a one-off piece. And my Dad has been a painter for 22-23 yrs. And he has been teaching me since i was 12. But thanks for your honest input...

I agree with HT on this one, unless you can't get one for your truck I would just buy one. It will be cheaper and easier. Unless you have a full metalfab shop at your disposal :trippy: :trippy:

I can get one for my truck, they look to bland and straight lol. And lets just say i do have one at disposal. :good:

1978 F-150 Ranger Lariat

Sony Head-unit

DDM Tuning 8000k's

Green Led Wheel Wells

Dark Red Tails Tint

Well to make it one-off and also easy why not get one and modify it yourself? I am a metal fabricator by trade and I'd start with a well built steel one as a blank and make my own design changes. Otherwise you need a few different machines and metal skill. Trust me, that would be the best way without tons of experience.

i made one for my grandfathers c1500, i made a mdf template of the curve i needed, then glued some 2x4s together and ran em down my table saw to get the rough shape, i then got my sander out and got the shape i wanted, bent the steel around it, then welded on mounting brackets, its alot of work, i say make 4 and try to sell the other 3.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

if you really want to make your own, your going to want steel. not aluminum. fiberglass just....(think I will keep my opinion to myself) you need a sheetmetal brake, there are tons of plans online to build your own as one wide enough for what you need would be pricey. then again, you said money no object. then let your imagination flow. bust out the welder and burn that shit!!!

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!