Octo port vs. T Line for Home Theater Use

Ohh... but it would be the same general concept of having a very long port and increased db's right?

the only thing that helps round ports get 'higher dbs' from most slot ports is when the round ports are flared at the ends.

and a long port wont really increase your dbs, but just lower your tuning.

no, a long port is not the same as a t-line. It would have to be roughly 9 feet long to be the "same" as a t-line.

No, you are not banging your sub hard. I had my old Z560 sub on a kicker 750.1 after the plate amp blew. Sounds awesome as long as you go easy on it.. the plate amp is only good for maybe 200w at most.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

this octo port you speak of is a ported box, with an 8 sided port. no difference than your typical ported box except the port has 8 sides. a t-line is not in the same category, regardless of how long the port is in the 'octo' ported box. a box with an 'octo' port is a box with net volume, and a port for tuning. a t-line is basically a sub in a long long port. no airspace to consider. it is also tuned to the fs of the sub. tuning the 'octo' port box to the fs of the sub will not yield the same results as the t-line

Archived