Second Skin Audio

This was a fail...

So was askn if there was anything i can do to make my current setup louder. One of the main ones b4 rebuilding a box was to turn it into the cabin and seal it off...so i did just that. Unless you have to be a genius to do this i royally fucked up. ha. Cut some wood, fit it in there, and it wasn't mean to look nice, just to see if it did make a difference and well ill be damn it did! A bad difference....i don't think it sounds as loud at all....nor do i feel my lows near as much, why is this? Here are pic of what i did, and yes its ugly but trust me...it is sealed off, checked with a flashlight at night to see if i see light... i saw no light. Also didn't know that expanding foam was such a fuckn pain to get off your hands....any idea what gets it off?

IMG_20101103_010756.jpg

IMG_20101103_010829.jpg

IMG_20101103_010912.jpg

IMG_20101103_010917-1.jpg

Edited by Indianabobo

1998 VW Jetta- SLOW N LOW

12" TC sounds 3hp

BB2400.1

Kenwood Exceleon HU

Kinetik HC800-works for 2ohm loads:D

My youtube Video's CHECK THEM OUT!

use acetone or lacquer thinner to get great stuff off. i made that mistake once, but just once. as far as your system. ive had best results by facing the subs towards the trunk and letting the bass "load" in the trunk. i dont care for subs facing forwards myself cuz i think you get too much cone noise. im sure someone more experienced with this will chime in though. good luck man.

edit. dont use paper towels when taking off great stuff. use an old towel cuz your gonna throw it away after

Edited by baaudio

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

lower frequencies travel a farther distance than higher hz waves. when facing the subwoofer in the trunk, the low tones bounce off of the trunk area and back towards the cabin, thus expanding the wave length and making it a little more "there". by turning the subwoofer around, that extra distance from the sub to your ear is shortened considerably. i did the same thing with a pair of 12's and had the same result; didnt like it.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

probably one of 2 things. A your front 2 windows are up. or B you didnt seal off your rear deck and any other paths to the trunk. any air going back there will keep it from sounds louder

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

it doesnt matter power wise. For all of you saying that it takes longer to develop lower bass waves and all that, in your theory a trunk car would be louder than a walled car. thats not hte case. Its about pressurizing a smaller area. If you are not louder. Or cleaner sounding facing forward you don't have a complete seal. you missed something. I see you still have rear speakers and no signs of anything done to the rear deck. thats the issue. It can be a lot of work and very frustrating if its the first time you've ever tried this. but think of this. All the loud trunk cars have been forward facing and sealed off. good luck and keep looking at it. Im sure you'll find something you missed.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

probably one of 2 things. A your front 2 windows are up. or B you didnt seal off your rear deck and any other paths to the trunk. any air going back there will keep it from sounds louder

what he said

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all

windows where up...ha. and from shineing a flash light at the back i could see no light coming through? so i really dont know.

What the fuck is that shit?

OP, I think systems with a little more power do better forward firing. You could always go back to the way you had it before.

and back to the way it is...

it doesnt matter power wise. For all of you saying that it takes longer to develop lower bass waves and all that, in your theory a trunk car would be louder than a walled car. thats not hte case. Its about pressurizing a smaller area. If you are not louder. Or cleaner sounding facing forward you don't have a complete seal. you missed something. I see you still have rear speakers and no signs of anything done to the rear deck. thats the issue. It can be a lot of work and very frustrating if its the first time you've ever tried this. but think of this. All the loud trunk cars have been forward facing and sealed off. good luck and keep looking at it. Im sure you'll find something you missed.

yeaa...and i feel i need to have a bos designed to be firing forward in order to actually work good in this type of setup and well this box wasnt maybe thats it as well

1998 VW Jetta- SLOW N LOW

12" TC sounds 3hp

BB2400.1

Kenwood Exceleon HU

Kinetik HC800-works for 2ohm loads:D

My youtube Video's CHECK THEM OUT!

i dont think your rear deck is sealed up all the way... thats prolly your problem i havent ever heard of a car being completely sealed up and be quieter....even the smallest little hole can fuck you everything make sure you take out the back seats and seal up everything and also take out every panel by the back seats if its a 2 door and seal those up

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

he means your rear deck is possibly letting some of the pressure in the cabin back into the trunk. causing it to loose pressure in the cabin, therefore, your spikkers arent loud enough

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol