Sundown Audio

Sundown X-8 Work in Progress

Got the information I was unclear on -- it is leaning towards the $300 MAP side.

I will still be looking at the mid 225-250 pre-order, though ! So I advise picking them up early to get the best deal as it will be the new king of 8" woofers :)

i cant wait bet your ass i will get them pre-order lol. man this 8 is going to be killer

Might sound like alot of money at first glance but in reality it's not as it has the same motor size as most 10s, 12s, 15s, and 18s in this price class and that is the #1 expense on a woofer. Not to mention the custom tooling.

Traditionally 8s are cheaper as they have much smaller motors, spiders, etc.

Not the case with this driver... we are talking a ~30+ lb total weight due to the double stacked 200mm diameter magnet slugs (7.87" for those that aren't metric inclined). Most big SPL subs like our Nightshades and Z v.2 are 220mm slugs -- think about that and you'll realize how large this thing really is :drink40:

It's certainly not for everyone; nor was it intended to be -- the SA-8 will remain in our line and is less than half the cost :good:

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

i may have missed it, when will pre-orders be

Has not been talked about yet as I'm not sure yet ;)

well hopefully by the time we find out, i have some funds saved up, i would love to see what could happen with a few of these

whats the power handling on them did i miss that too, im noob sorry

Not a terrible price, if I say so myself. Being custom tooled everything.

People don't realize how much more it cost than already mass produced(for the most part).

i personally dont have an issue with the price, considering, whats going i to making this, plus what it is and capable of and its like a new frontier for 8s, people with small spaces can have beast system now, lo

They are rated 600-watts RMS -- thermal capacity will be quite similar to the SA line (10/12/15)... and as I'm sure most folks on any of our forums know what those are capable of.

Edited by sundownz

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Are there going to be anymore "X" size subwoofers? If not i see my next subwoofer

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Planet Audio 300.4 mids and highs

Planet Audio/Pioneer tweeters/crossovers

Skar SK1500.1

3 SKAR Vvx15 dual 4 wired at .63