Sonic Electronix

Throwing out an idea for some midbass action....

I was thinking of what a good setup for a midbass driver is... I was thinking of dual fi btl 12's or 4 8's (model not decided yet) in a box tuned to 60hz, to go along with either 2 fi btl 18's or 2 aa smd 18's in a box tunes to 31hz. AA carbon mids in a sealed box and some aa highs to top it off. Space is NOT a concern.

Thoughts on this?

I was thinking of what a good setup for a midbass driver is... I was thinking of dual fi btl 12's or 4 8's (model not decided yet) in a box tuned to 60hz, to go along with either 2 fi btl 18's or 2 aa smd 18's in a box tunes to 31hz. AA carbon mids in a sealed box and some aa highs to top it off. Space is NOT a concern.

Thoughts on this?

Dont use subs for mids. If you want to keep it all AA/Fi then just get like 4 pairs of AA mids lol that'll do it if you can power them. With either the AA tweeters or some nice silk dome tweeters.

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Dont use subs for mids. If you want to keep it all AA/Fi then just get like 4 pairs of AA mids lol that'll do it if you can power them. With either the AA tweeters or some nice silk dome tweeters.

Not mids, but midbass from like 75-80hz to about 200 hz, then have the AA carbons take over for midrange and have the bass below 75hz be handled by the 18s.

what r u smoking?

Being in a rush to get out the door and not phrasing it as well as I could?

lol let him do it :pardon:

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Dual BTL's for midbass? Seriously?

Yeah... They are bullet proof, and I have no worries about cooking voice coils with them... so why not?

Archived