Sonic Electronix

Throwing out an idea for some midbass action....

your getting closer

but if u r really stuck on using a sub as a door speaker

http://www.sonicelec...dio+REX8D4.html

or

http://www.sonicelec...unch+P1S48.html (this is what steve uses i belive correct me if im wrong)

or

http://www.sonicelec...+-10CVT84-.html

Thanks.

Sorry I wasn't clear with this: They won't be in a door, I'm throwing a bunch of spare speakers laying around into a sound system for my room. They will be in a box, and size, depth etc... Not an issue

It's not that I'm stuck on a sub. It's just that I don't really know what to look for. I heard that tang-band makes good midbass drivers, so I go for the one that has the highest rms power handeling so I don't have to use speaker after speaker. And because it has a frequency response up to 1 khz

If you have any wise words of wisdom to help me in the future when picking out a midbass, I'm all ears

Regardless if they are in a door or not, you don't want big subwoofers to play midbass notes. Those speakers he listed will be fine for what you are trying to achieve. I sure hope you have a damn good crossover setup to sort out frequencies too

Sundown has two differnt 8s, the E V2 8 would do well for midbass. DC has just came out with an 8" sub which would be very suitable for your application. The RE RE series subs are beasts, i ran mine off 500+ rms, while they are rated at 175 rms.

No stanky voice coils?

how much power are you trying to run to everything? ive never seen a pair of 2000w subs for home use. if your only going for reliability and wont be putting much power to them then we need to clear that up as well, to help you out. if your blowing speakers without going over RMS then YOU are doing something wrong, and we can help teach you the correct way.

tang band is a good brand. im at work and i dont really want to go looking up that model but i would be confident about them. my new 4"s i told you about are tang band.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

how much power are you trying to run to everything? ive never seen a pair of 2000w subs for home use. if your only going for reliability and wont be putting much power to them then we need to clear that up as well, to help you out. if your blowing speakers without going over RMS then YOU are doing something wrong, and we can help teach you the correct way.

tang band is a good brand. im at work and i dont really want to go looking up that model but i would be confident about them. my new 4"s i told you about are tang band.

I guess I am a bit nervous because my current pair of subs starts stinkin with half of their rms power going to them. With the box built to spec, so I am just cautious with something that is less than overbuilt

I guess I am a bit nervous because my current pair of subs starts stinkin with half of their rms power going to them. With the box built to spec, so I am just cautious with something that is less than overbuilt

Most likely because you were clipping them. No sub has a reason to get hot unless you are going way over rms spec or the tks ratings given are grossly exaggerated

Most likely because you were clipping them. No sub has a reason to get hot unless you are going way over rms spec or the tks ratings given are grossly exaggerated

Can I always hear clipping in all cases? Or can clipping happen slightly enough that it cannot be heard, but enough that it affects the speaker?

Can I always hear clipping in all cases? Or can clipping happen slightly enough that it cannot be heard, but enough that it affects the speaker?

Generally you wont know youre clipping a majority of the time, but sometimes you'll hear it. I see more people clip subs to death slowly then ones who burp them and clip them nasty hard for a few seconds.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Generally you wont know youre clipping a majority of the time, but sometimes you'll hear it. I see more people clip subs to death slowly then ones who burp them and clip them nasty hard for a few seconds.

I think I may be the first example.

I don't hear any clipping, but the evidence is pointing to such. Like it is clipping just enough to cause issues, but not enough for me to notice it immediately.

Archived