Sonic Electronix

So I had a 5cft NET box @ 40hz with the wrong port area i was about 10sq inches off... So now im turning to 35hz @ proper port size... Dave from PSI said 5cft @ 35hz is best for this subwoofer... Problem is I need 5.5NET to get 35hz so I figured why not im running rated power if not a little under so she should love an extra .5 cube I just want to make sure this is all correct.

Untitled2.jpg

35hz @ 5.5cft net 12.5sqin per cft

Untitled-13.jpg

I'm rusty with sketchup so bear with me... This is what it should look like, my only concern is the port is 5 inches from the back wall is that fine?

Edited by Sammitch0

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

So I had a 5cft NET box @ 40hz with the wrong port area i was about 10sq inches off... So now im turning to 35hz @ proper port size... Dave from PSI said 5cft @ 35hz is best for this subwoofer... Problem is I need 5.5NET to get 35hz so I figured why not im running rated power if not a little under so she should love an extra .5 cube I just want to make sure this is all correct.

Untitled2.jpg

35hz @ 5.5cft net 12.5sqin per cft

Untitled-13.jpg

I'm rusty with sketchup so bear with me... This is what it should look like, my only concern is the port is 5 inches from the back wall is that fine?

port runs too close to the back wall. your only leaving 2 1/2". you should leave atleast the height of the port, 5 1/2".

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

I dont know what your talking about the port would be 4 1/2 inches from the back thats almost the width of the port so it should be fine right? also I heard port up sub up in an SUV isnt as loud and I like the look of the sub up port back... if anyone can make it better lemme know i dont mind lower freq eigther. I'd just rather keep the design i have i just cant go over 5.5cft

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

No but even then its 3.75 inches away i think 4 inches is far enough.. if worse comes worse ill find a way to add another inch to the depth The widge has to be 45 because I want it sit flush with the back of my jeep.

Edited by Sammitch0

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

No but even then its 3.75 inches away i think 4 inches is far enough.. if worse comes worse ill find a way to add another inch to the depth

Dont half ass it. You'll regret it. Do it right. Bend the port so you can one, get it away from the wall, since you are not far enough as it is, and 2 itll add more port area. It's like buying a zr1 and running it through a bunch of rocks and bumps. Yeah, itll work but it's not going to preform to its full potential, nor work as good.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

can anyone help me out then?! :D

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

sorry i guess if anyone needs proceeds i can pay for a design i dont care how its done or has to be built i want the best loudest design send me pm's for prices needs to hit lots nice @ 5-5.5net in a jeep suv.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga