Sundown Audio

Amp Trouble,,,pics Of Guts Inside Vfl 150.1

zaxfire69

Ok..My VFL 150.1 is acting booty..For awhile everytime I turn my H/U on and the amp comes on the Soft turn on feature doesn't work..It makes the sub jump with a lound thump...Then there is always a high pitched continuous beep, Steady tone...Amp still plays fine just with this annoying high pitched sound..Just wondering if anyone else has had an amp do this...I am going to undo my ground and make sure it is fastened well..If that doesn't stop it I don't know what to do..I unplug the RCA's and it still does it so I know I am not picking up noise from my RCA's...Might be my ground..But why would the Soft turn on stop working ...If anyone knows or has had an amp do this please let me know... :mad:

Oh yeah, thats just letting you know to build a wall, with another 15. :lol::D

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Oh yeah, thats just letting you know to build a wall, with another 15. :lol::D

Yeah I know..I am lazy..It is hard to get started..I know i started a topic saying I was going to rip it all out, but i can't ride without sound untill I get my other speaker in. I just hope that there isn't something bad wrong with it..If it is I know where to send it to get fixed. Already talked to them...I just hope a Transformer or whatever is in the amp isn't going out..That would suck...Someone tell me what they think.

Well I am at work as of right now..Won't be home till in the morning. I went outside and moved my ground wire around, jiggled the wires on the output end of the amp..I got it to stop for a second, but as soon as I sat the wires back down it started again..I am going to remove all of the wires when I get home in the morning and rehook them..And rehook my ground and see if that clears it up..

Well I unhooked and rehooked power and ground. Unhooked and rehooked speaker wires...Unhooked the Stinger Volt meter...Well I decided to take the amp out..And have a look see inside of the beast. Here is what I found..

IMG_0348.jpg

I am going right now to look it over real close..If I can't find nothing wrong with my eyes, then it is off to the repair shop for a revamp....I gotta have it in top shape...Doesn't look like it has been checked since 04...At least that is what the sticker on the bottom of amp says..Tell me what yall think...

Archived