Second Skin Audio

ported clamshell help/build

irpirate

this is getting refreshed every 10 minutes or so

75121_1540312385990_1180320105_31279463_1617904_n.jpg

hurrrryyyyyyy upppppppppppppppppppp. the part that will take the longest is gonna be cutting the holes out. no jasper rig or router. gonna be done very carefully with jigsaws. gonna have a friend who does this stuff helping me out. working in his garage because i dont have one here. im leaving to see some friends in canada friday morning so im gonna try and push to get everything done by thursday night so i can see how it sounds.

on another note, i finally got my single din replaced with a double. was having some problems w/ an eclipse that i had. my under 100 dollar sony from walmart was working great so i decided to just get a sony double din. nice thing was i got to use the same harness from my other sony. just unplugged old one, plugged in new one :D

76881_1540339026656_1180320105_31279489_4103752_n.jpg

got another one of these in the mail a couple days ago. gonna be a total of 3 in the car. 1 under hood (somehow managed to cram it in) 2 more in the back

66240_1491740411721_1180320105_31188739_5105268_n.jpg

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

looking good, im doing a clam with 16 subs too, but im doing 10"s and with multi angled baffles like Colin :)

i have 1 cube per sub and about 12 inches of port per cube, i couldnt figure out what to tune to either so i just calculated a normal port but a few hz higher than what i want... im tuning to 35hz so hopefully after the clam affects it it will end up in the mid-high 20s :)

also ive heard somewhere that the more angled you make the baffles the better (but you cant really do thisanymore because of space restrictions) for my baffles i tryed to keep them sortof parabolic, so the ports are parralell then the first baffle is 30 degrees ish and the second one about 60 degrees...

keep us posted im interested to see how this turns out, one of my buddies has a 4runner and they are tiny lol good luck!

vandersexx-1.jpgdeafaz-1.jpg

^^^ clicky pics for build logs ^^^

Australia-03-june.gif

im sured wed all like to see yours :) i really wish i could do angles, but these 4runners are so damn small for suvs. i probably should have done 10's or maybe less subs but i bought before i planned hahaha. i calculated mine the same i think, but im guessing my clam is gonna drop the tuning a ridiculous amount. it would seem not having the subs facing each other would be helpful although i dont know this for sure. what car is yours going into? and what subs are you gonna be using?

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

reading your, build log, that is some niceee work :)

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

im not sure what subs il be using yet, i was thinking DD 510a's but there a bit out of my price range so id have to save for a bit longer... im currently running an RE MT 18 while i rebuild the wall for the 10's and it doesnt hit the lows anywhere near enough lol

Australia-03-june.gif

no idea how those are priced but they seem like theyd run you quite a bit of $$. wish i knew how those re's sounded. never heard one before, hell ive never even heard an 18 before :/ the subs im using are 65 each. cheap, but even still buying 16 of them kinda effs the bank up the A. still a college student, cant wait to graduate and get a real job and go a bit more extreme on the setup.

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

yeah i was at college last year but decided to get out into the real world coz i was sick of having no money lol... this is the first 18 ive had and its pretty insane, louder then my old wall with 4 15"s but not as low which is kind of annoying (but understadable considering the drop in cone area)

the other subs im considering are cheap home audio based papercones, they are 225wrms each and under $50 lol, i recently put 4 of them in a mates car and they sounded awesome so im thinking they might be the go :)

Australia-03-june.gif

You can probably sell the L7s for a decent price on craigslist or ebay to get some money back or u got plans for those?

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

one 18 being louder than 4 15s lol. damn. thats the same reason i chose the subs i did. i heard four of em in a sealed box and they sounded pretty damn good. as for the l7s theyre on caco but no ones even asked yet. i have it posted on craigslist got some ppl asking. no one really buying yet. hopefully i can sell em soon though. gotta meet someone today actually to see if i can unload em.

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

Archived