Jump to content

Wanting to go active


Robert8252

Recommended Posts

Posted

keep it simple. ;) the less gear you run the easier it will be to dial in. one comp set per side and maybe something simple for rear fill if needed and you should love it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

Lol. I like the idea of that but the reason I'm willing to go bigger then that is to actually be able to use the amp. Using multiple 40rms speakers is easier then finding a 40x2 amp. Lol. And I know a good single set will be loud. I know I don't need 117407 speakers for it to be loud just never bothered looking into it until now and not entirely sure what all I need to look for without hearing them which I know would be better. And the doors have plenty if space to use.

Edit: besides 8" woofas.

Basically trying to just keep it under a grand $ wise with amps.

2013 F150 Crew Cab



Old Build Log



Feedback



2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Posted

So. I just remembered earlier I heard some American bass midrange 6.5" two weeks ago at a shop that sounded pretty damn good crossed over at 300hz with only tweeters with them. No bass. I'm going to go by that shop again to take another listen. So that may be getting some where. Now just really looking at tweets. Seas website. Well. Wow is all I have to say. That's a lot of tweeters. Anyone running a certain set of seas they love?

2013 F150 Crew Cab



Old Build Log



Feedback



2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Posted

i just got some tang band 4"s for midrange and im liking them pretty well. of course pearless and dayton are good. a lot of those come in 8ohm and i would tell you not to worry about that. mine are 8ohm and they still scream.

the next midbass speakers ill buy (if i ever change) will be ID.

i really recommend you dont cross over at 60hz. do 80hz, anything lower will just bring out resonance and rattles in the door. if you can, put the mids on the A pillar. you'll only need one set since they will be in your face.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Posted

I've been looking in the tang bangs but just don't know what to compare them to. And I was planning on 60hz so I could cut my sub at 60 as well since it doesn't really do anything at 60-80 anyways. And I'm not a fan of a pillars. For sound stage I get it. But I don't want a few hundred dollars of speakers sitting in the windshield to advertise even more. Biggest thing is I'm looking at speakers and then figuring out what amps will also fit as well. Thinking maybe two aa carbons per door for midbass. Then depending on speaker one or two per door and one good tweeter per front door. No rear fill.

2013 F150 Crew Cab



Old Build Log



Feedback



2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Posted

I've been looking in the tang bangs but just don't know what to compare them to. And I was planning on 60hz so I could cut my sub at 60 as well since it doesn't really do anything at 60-80 anyways. And I'm not a fan of a pillars. For sound stage I get it. But I don't want a few hundred dollars of speakers sitting in the windshield to advertise even more. Biggest thing is I'm looking at speakers and then figuring out what amps will also fit as well. Thinking maybe two aa carbons per door for midbass. Then depending on speaker one or two per door and one good tweeter per front door. No rear fill.

i understand, im all about hiding the system too. and i do have an answer for it. i still need to upload pics but you make pods that go on the dash, in the corners. tint the windshield (or mask and spray paint) just around the pod so you cant see it (it'll look stock from the outside). then on the inside you just make a big grill cover. do it right and it wont look like much of anything.

just an idea. its a lot of work, ya. but if you're making pods :shrug:

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1322 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...