Jump to content

Wanting to go active


Robert8252

Recommended Posts

Posted

Winter is about here and that means I have some time on my hands to break out the fiberglass to do new door panels and I'm wanting to go active with components. I know the tech details on it but there's honestly thousands of things I've read and tons of speakers I know nothing about. I'm wanting midbass for 60hz-2-300hz then midrange for 300hz- 7-8khz and then tweeters. I've found some that look good but just want some of your guys' opinions on what you've used and how you liked it. Power I'm hoping to run two AQ4x90 which are 90X4@4ohm and 120x4@2ohm. Debating on what will actually fit. It's leaning towards SQ but I'm really just wanting something loud and really clear and not harsh. I've been looking at Tang Band, AA but I can't find shit for specs, Peerless, and Seas. What do you guys run?

Oh and as far as how many I'm wanting to do atleast two of each range per door but depending on what actually works and the power range I could throw a set in the rear doors to make up for power. Price range for speakers... I don't know. Under $6-700 would be doable.

2013 F150 Crew Cab



Old Build Log



Feedback



2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Posted

if you want to go active you can piece it together. most company doesnt make a knock out set of comps. You'll have a great tweet or a great mid bass and the other one is just meh.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

I noticed that. No company makes a good speaker really in every range. Some win in midbass but some don't even make something for midrange and such. Not looking for a all in one here you go type thing just trying to see what is actually being used by people. Don't have much around me to go get a listen of anything so anythings a start. Biggest concern will be tweeters I can stand listening to for all music. Just trying to go from just loud and there to really making something that you don't even need bass to enjoy it.

2013 F150 Crew Cab



Old Build Log



Feedback



2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Posted

I am going to be using Beyma for my mids and Selenium for my tweets

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Posted

I have Mb Quart Reference Midbass in the doors and i have SEAS silk dome tweets in my A-pillars...Im running fully active with my setup and its all kept under containment with an Alpine H-701 :)

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

 

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

 

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Posted

I am running my RE XXX comps active.

mids crossed at 40 (yes thats right until i get a sub) and 2500.

Tweets crossed at 2500.

No complaints.

Why not go to a couple shops and see what you like for sound? Everybody's ears are different.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Posted

The shops around here don't have much. One has a nice display of focals with the cheapest set being $1,200. Lol. Right now I think I'm going to try the 6.5" AA carbons for the midbass. Looking at the tang band W6-1914s for midrange just not sure on the SQ of these but am still lost for tweeters. Really want something that is in no way harsh like my infinitys. Also trying to get speakers to make the two amps work I want to use. Still waiting on a response on specs of the AAs.

2013 F150 Crew Cab



Old Build Log



Feedback



2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Posted

I mean what kinda specs are you looking for?

I remember someone saying they play fine up to 2500, and they dont have a problem on the low end either. Actually its next on my list after Im done with my comp set I have now. You can get tweeters from them also. I have a set of BNIB XXX silk dome tweets i may wanna get rid of. I was saving them just in case but after having the other set in my car for over a year I have had great luck with them. I heard seas tweets are nice also.

edit: theres a guy in the AA section that posted the actual depth and width of them iirc. Theyre really close to 7 inches, but again I heard they are gonna make them down to a 6.5 sometime soon.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Posted

I'm wanting to run three way active. I'm sure the AAs would play up pretty high but for better overall response I want to have more leeway on each section. In my mind the less of a range the speaker has to reproduce the better that it will do it.

Midbass 60hz- ~350hz

Midrange 350hz- ~6-7khz

And then tweeters for the rest.

I'm still debating on what all I actually want speaker amount wise but I'm wanting something impressive to me^ atleast. Wanting maybe 2 of each range on the front doors and thinking about 1 of each range on the rears. It all comes down to what the speakers will need power wise and what amps I have to use. And would like to use the aq90x4 if possible but it's fine if that's not the case.

And the reason I'm wanting such a little range for the midbass is because I like listening to a lot of alternative and country music sometimes and I just really want those genres to be able to shine.

2013 F150 Crew Cab



Old Build Log



Feedback



2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1322 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...