how to wire second alternator HELP ASAP PLEASE

i was told the second alternator would be grounded by the bracket but i dont think it works that way

can i just ground the alternator to the frame?

I lol'd

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

I know all of this has been said before in this thread, but I want make sure you have everything you need to know and maybe some more.

Alternator being bolted in the bracket which is bolted to the frame will act just fine as your ground.

Both of you alts. Stock location and dual need to be grounded to the front battery as well.

You need to have 2 runs of 0ga running from the power post on both alts running to the front battery.

at least 2 runs each of +and- running from the front battery to the back batteries.

Oh and lastly this is for everyone that reads this post and not the OP.

If you want to laugh at a guy that is here asking questions and trying to learn how to do his own work, then you are a classless ass. This forum is not here to make fun of guys that are just getting into car audio and trying to learn what they are doing. SMD is here to let guys show off their rides and work and to help new comers learn what they are doing so they can have pride in knowing that they did their own install.

Thanks CJ. I don't think maxim meant anything by it, but the OP said he's 18, in school, and a complete noob. We all start somewhere. Hats off to anyone down to try

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Thanks CJ. I don't think maxim meant anything by it, but the OP said he's 18, in school, and a complete noob. We all start somewhere. Hats off to anyone down to try

Im not trying to be an ass by saying that, but I hate when I see someone ask a question and get bashed for it! No question is a bad question. I mean if you dont know the answer then how else are you going to find out? Personally I think there should be a rule that anyone that bashes anyone else's work or questions should get an automatic vacation.

Im not trying to be an ass by saying that, but I hate when I see someone ask a question and get bashed for it! No question is a bad question. I mean if you dont know the answer then how else are you going to find out? Personally I think there should be a rule that anyone that bashes anyone else's work or questions should get an automatic vacation.

another thread comes vividly to mind.

to the topic, i think its cool the OP is trying it on his own, and he says hes been reading the site for awhile. sets him above the normal ask every question without doing any research noob. but quite a big install for his first project, lol.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

another thread comes vividly to mind.

to the topic, i think its cool the OP is trying it on his own, and he says hes been reading the site for awhile. sets him above the normal ask every question without doing any research noob. but quite a big install for his first project, lol.

HAHA I had 37 pages of the same bashing BS when I bought SMDs and LVL 5s!!! Both are getting sold now by the way. Buying 4 XL 15s tomorrow. Oh and yeah he is taking on way more than I did when I first started. I still let the pros install my alternators.

you need to get a build log or sumthing going so we can see your setup

Agreed! With pics we can help alot more.

Archived