Sonic Electronix

2 subs sharing same port

thinking 2 lvl 5 12's on 2 aq3500s or 2 xls on 2 sundown 3k

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Thats a lot of port area. What kind of subs are you using, .48 disp for 12's.

lvl 5's or xls. and yes, i want more port area. Had a few people on here tell me i should use more, and they said about 20 / ft

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

the the port on the side youll have loading problems if the port bends

what are your max dems?

16 high, 33.5 wide, 27 deep

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

im doing a clamshell for my subs and was wondering the same thing about putting something in the middle

"You could... I saw a write up once on someone who tested this with this type of "loaded" enclosure. They did it with nothing between, a small "v", and a larger "v" (presumably to help air flow). It was the loudest with nothing in there. Bigger the "v", the lower the SPL. I know that was his box and not yours- just saying. I would do it if it makes you happy- I intended to make one for mine and did not. I haven't noticed it as not being there."

this was from colin who also did a clam. i dont know enough about this to voice my opinion and i know its a different kind of enclosure but hopefully itll help.

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

you could make two boxes and have a port on one side of each, then you can flip the boxes over to have the ports in teh center next to each other or at the side with subs in center.

I've never liked side-port boxes for more than 1 driver..

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

can you fit 36w? 36w 14t 25d i could send you the same box ive got and it has a big port tuned to 45hz for burps then plug it up for daily! its the box i broke a 150 with!

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Archived