Sonic Electronix

What up SMD. Well I've finally gotten back from deployment and at that I received my DC lvl4XL 18s Thursday. So far i'm looking to build a box around 13cuft and after talking with Rusty I'd really like to do the flare ports over the L port ..... as said the flares sound better. I'm looking at doing four to six 4in flares but they are costly. I'll spend enough with the MDF and fiberglass. I can purchase the 4 inch flare ends for cheap through partsexpress. Now I can get over 10ft of 4in PVC piping at Lowes for around $10 and cut it to whatever length(s) i need. I'd have to fiberglass the flare ends to the pvc but would this make for good flare port ......... PVC and flare ends????? i don't want to be too cheap with this project but don't want to spend more than needed if possible. Help me out fellas ..... i'd like to get everything started in the next week or so.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

You can order the connecting rings seperate for around 3 bucks a piece.

yeh i checked on parts express and they run under $3, now the tubing is what'll cost me and that's why i'd like to use PVC piping. i don't mind fiberglassing them together and sanding. i just want the next enclosure to move some air and play good lows. Gotta represent DC Audio here in VA and i want to come correct.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

cool pvc it is unless i find some cheaper tubing else where. i was going to do four 4in ports but after talking with Rusty six wouldn't hurt and probably would move more air.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

Audiocontrol 3.1.

aim for about 8 - 10 square inches of port area per cubic foot of enclosure volume after displacement. (if you were shooting for 13 cubes after displacement, you'd need 9-10 4" ports)

Well i gave my box dimensions to Rusty and they are 20H X 49W x 30D. that should have me a lil over 14 cuft. four 4in flares ... 22inches long would give me around 32/33hz. I wont be starting on the box til after my vacation but i would love to get all this figured out, i need it to play low and move some air and i'd rather do 5 or 6 flare ports vs just four.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

Audiocontrol 3.1.

You may want to use pvc pipe, because I don't know if you can find 22" ports. Just get the flared ends and the ring connectors.

Take a look at Madisound too : I bought my 2 4" aeros (psp) ports from them. They are sooo fast, they answered to all my emails like I was the only customer they have !!! Great customer service !

and Yes flared aero ports do sound good. You'll love them !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.