Sonic Electronix

And how do I know how many ohms I have? I know my sub is a 2 ohm sub so does that mean no matter what I do it's 2 ohms?

Isn't it a dual 2 ohm sub???

If you wire the + and -'s together, (+ to + then to the + of amp and same for -) then it would be 1 ohm... which is where u want to be...

Ok and also what are the sub sonic, phase shift and low pass settings on my amp for?

sub sonic is like 10 hz below the box tuning. phase is if sub is inverted, and low pass is where you wantr the sub to stop playin. usually around 80hz

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

It's dual coil 2 ohm so that would actually be 4 ohm?

Then you can either wire in series or parallel which would either double or half the resistance. So your two options could be either 1 ohm or 4 ohm. I'm wondering if you were wired at 4 ohms and adjusted the gain to compensate.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Oh ok (btw thanks so much for the help once again) the low pass prevents my sub from hitting too high of a note probably damaging it right? and inverting subs only makes a difference for some setups correct? and what do you mean by 10 hz below the boxes tuning? like how would i know how to adjust that?

Also, don't get discouraged by blowing amp... I think I speak for everyone on here... Welcome to the world of car audio! LOL!

(TRUST ME... BEEN THERE... DONE THAT! ALOT!!!)

Then you can either wire in series or parallel which would either double or half the resistance. So your two options could be either 1 ohm or 4 ohm. I'm wondering if you were wired at 4 ohms and adjusted the gain to compensate.

What is in series and parallel? Sorry bear with me as I am a quick learner but I didn't really learn from anyone. My neighbor just hooked it up and I watched so all I really learned was how to hook it up not how to tune it or anything and I didn't ask him to tune the amp cause I didnt know any better :/ at least now I know I can ask around here thanks to all the kind help :) and also does halving my resistance make my sub hit harder or what? or is it vice versa and doubling the resistance makes it hit harder?

Also, don't get discouraged by blowing amp... I think I speak for everyone on here... Welcome to the world of car audio! LOL!

(TRUST ME... BEEN THERE... DONE THAT! ALOT!!!)

Try buying an American bass 500.1 for 800$, then blowing it 2 days later and getting 300 for it. Fun shit!!!

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Archived