Second Skin Audio

97 convertable mustang

pk222

Hey guys. I just traded my camaro for a 97 mustang convertable. I'm trying to plan out my system and have never done anything with a convertable. I've had a few mustangs before and know I cant fit much in the trunk of a coup and the vert looks even worse.

My camaro had 2 ssa d con 12s running off a Boss audio 3500d(I know its a crappy amp but it pushed the d cons great). It sounded decent in a scorpion sealed t top well box. Id like to do better in my mustang but I don't know what it will take in a vert and I can't pull the back seat.

My idea so far is one good 12 in a ported box around 2.5- maybe 3 cubes. I'm thinking a fi ssd. It wouldn't break the bank and I haven't heard any bad reviews.

I'm open for any ideas though. What do you guys think?

No ones done a decent system in a convertable mustang?

sorry man i been tryin to find anyone to help me with a box for my mustang

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

I know I can fit around 2.5 cubes. The trunk can fit way bigger than that but theres no way of getting it through the opening. But as far as were to aim the sub and port I'm clueless when it comes to convertables.

I'm thinking of a fi ssd 12 ported around 35 hz sub back port back or maybe sub foreward port foreward and seal it to the cab as much as possible. I know I will probably have to try a few different things to find what I want but I was trying to see what other people had tried and liked. I've put 2 12 in hifonics in a 2000 coup in I think a 2.5 cube box and it sounded good but lacked the output I would like.

Archived