Sonic Electronix

In the back of my jeep, I plan on putting a Fi BTL 18 in a box that is 17" in length. I know the Xmax is 28mm, which is roughly 1.1 inches. Is this still the case with the daily and HiXm coil options? I'm asking because the box, at 17 inches, will be within 3 or 4 inches of my tailgate and I'm worried the sub might hit the tailgate. Do you think I'll be alright, or do you think I should lower the length a little?

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

12" Kicker SoloX Subwoofer

Rockford Fosgate t20001bd

Pioneer AVIC-X930BT Head Unit

Build Log

With the SoloX 12 that's in there now, it's about 2.5 inches from the tailgate I think. I'm not sure how much difference the Fi BTL would make

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

12" Kicker SoloX Subwoofer

Rockford Fosgate t20001bd

Pioneer AVIC-X930BT Head Unit

Build Log

It should he fine if it is 2.5"s, I don't think BTL's are able to get 5" peak to peak, they would bottom out first, or break something else. You should be fine.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

It should he fine if it is 2.5"s, I don't think BTL's are able to get 5" peak to peak, they would bottom out first, or break something else. You should be fine.

IIRC from talking to Nick i dont think they can bottom out the tinsel or the spiders will break first. and the BTL only has 28mm of xmax with the HiXm coil. The standard coil only allows for 18mm but you'll be fine just make sure your box in mounted ver well

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon