Which car?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you think i should buy?

• BMW 130i 4 door hatch
    • Toyota Hilux 4 door ute
    • Less realistic option but still a chance = Toyota Supra
    • Subaru Impreza 4 door hatch? no turbo though

Alright I need some input here. I am about to buy a car, i want to be able to fit shit in the back and put roofracks on it or something to put surfboards or snowboards/skies on. I have a run up between to completely different cars,

The first car is the BMW 130i hatchback. It has space in the boot and has a bit of grunt (0-60 is from memory 6.2 sec) it can also take roofracks and isnt too big for around the city.

bmw03.jpg

The second is the good old Toyota Hilux (4dr). Its a ute, so it has a lot of space and good towing capacity (i have a boat i may need to tow) but i spose it wont be as economic or as easy to park around the city...

Toyota-Hilux1.jpg

Anyway, so those are my thoughts, basically i would love any input or ideas as to which you would recommend or not recommend...

I HAVE NOW ADDED A THIRD CAR TO MY DECISION MAKING AND POSSIBLY A FOURTH. The third is a Subaru Impreza, not turbo. The fourth which is less realistic is the Toyota supra.

OH AND VOTE IN THE POLL SO I CAN GET AN IDEA OF WHAT YOU THINK. CHEERS!

Edited by Nitrosuperspeed

Alright I need some input here. I am about to buy a car, i want to be able to fit shit in the back and put roofracks on it or something to put surfboards or snowboards/skies on. I have a run up between to completely different cars,

The first car is the BMW 130i hatchback. It has space in the boot and has a bit of grunt (0-60 is from memory 6.2 sec) it can also take roofracks and isnt too big for around the city.

bmw03.jpg

The second is the good old Toyota Hilux (4dr). Its a ute, so it has a lot of space and good towing capacity (i have a boat i may need to tow) but i spose it wont be as economic or as easy to park around the city...

Toyota-Hilux1.jpg

Anyway, so those are my thoughts, basically i would love any input or ideas as to which you would recommend or not recommend...

With a username like yours I think you like something fast and nice looking. So that brings me to the Golf R. 0-60 in 5.7 seconds with 270hp, 4cyl, boosted at 17psi. All wheel drive. Less money, more fuel effecient, lighter. I heard you can chip the GTI from 200 to around 280 with just a chip and it's only FWD. I wonder if you can get 30 more hp by just chipping the R to bring it to 300hp.

Will probably go for around $35k off the lot.

Same body style as the R.

rack.jpg

8f39099a.jpg

2067b70a.jpg

R

http://www.lincah.com/2011-volkswagen-golf-r

I don't know if it's here in the USA yet but probably out in Europe. Idk where you're from. :)

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

With a username like yours I think you like something fast and nice looking. So that brings me to the Golf R. 0-60 in 5.7 seconds with 270hp, 4cyl, boosted at 17psi. All wheel drive. Less money, more fuel effecient, lighter. I heard you can chip the GTI from 200 to around 280 with just a chip and it's only FWD. I wonder if you can get 30 more hp by just chipping the R to bring it to 300hp.

Will probably go for around $35k off the lot.

Same body style as the R.

rack.jpg

8f39099a.jpg

2067b70a.jpg

R

http://www.lincah.com/2011-volkswagen-golf-r

I don't know if it's here in the USA yet but probably out in Europe. Idk where you're from. :)

Cheers man, I have looked at the R32 alot and a load of other golfs like the GTI, i considered them for a long while (still am) but i live in australia and on your P's which is like the licence you get before your full licence, you arnt allowed a powerfull car.... the golf GTI or R32 are both considered high performance and i believe they are in the 'illegal' list so i dont think i will be able to drive it on my P's... Whereas the BMW is just a bit less showy but still fast, and i know it just squeeked into the legal list.... But you have got me thinking, im going to check out the golfs again just to make sure. only thing with any hatch is there isnt any room for subs.

I think of the 2 i would take the truck out of the 2 you have provided for us.... BUT if you can somehow manage to get away with getting the Golf R i would take that over both of the other options

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I think of the 2 i would take the truck out of the 2 you have provided for us.... BUT if you can somehow manage to get away with getting the Golf R i would take that over both of the other options

yer looking at that website for the golf R it does look pretty sweet. The other option would be going for a full on sports car and forget the whole surf boards and stuff. My mate just bought a Nissan 300zx i think its and '93 (the non twin turbo version) and that thing is great fun. For a while i looked into the good old Toyota Supra or Nissan Skyline, Both would be brilliant for modifications and so on. Once i get my full licence i will be definitely driving something that is dangerously fast.

Supra's my friend are where its at :D I love the 94 and up supras when they started rounding off the body not a fan at all of the square supra's..... Yes the 300zx's are also a nasty platform for a car too they can be made retarded fast with a minimal amount of money

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Supra's my friend are where its at :D I love the 94 and up supras when they started rounding off the body not a fan at all of the square supra's..... Yes the 300zx's are also a nasty platform for a car too they can be made retarded fast with a minimal amount of money

Yeh i really have to say i love the supra, they just look so good. Even before i got into the real car world, i used to pick them in games. I have promised myself i will own one at some stage. Maybe thats the way to do it,buy the supra now and then just keep it for ages and slowly add to it, new wheels and so on.

This is the sort of one i would look at:

toyota-supra-1994a.jpg

What do you reckon?

Edited by Nitrosuperspeed