Second Skin Audio

ssd vs lvl 3 in 2.5 cube box

pk222

Hey guys I'm starting a new system and need to choose a sub. The biggest box I can fit in my car is aprox. 2.5 cubes.

I'm looking into a dc lvl 3 or an fi ssd 12. If anyone has a better idea between those or anything else in that price range throw it out there. I haven't gotten a new amp yet so I'll let whatever sub I get decide that. But Like I said my limitations are around 2.5 cubes and I'm thinking of porting around 35 hz. I mostly listen to rap but I want something that has some quality all around and can still get decently loud.

Its 97 mustang vert so if anyone has any suggestions for a box configuration itd be appreciated as well. I'm thinging sub and port firing into the cab as much as will work through the convertable boot.

thanks pk

Box position. Don't know. Only know of one other person with a convertible running FI I think. Don't know how it's positions though but is loud with BTLs. But if 2.5 is gross volume max net will be around 1.75-2cubes after port and sub displacement. Other then that. Pick which one you want. Sundown SA12 is also a option. Along with every other brand you see here will do you good if the box is good.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

I didn't even have sundown as an option. I thought the nightshade was their only model. So I'll probably pick between those 3.

With any of those in around 2.5 cubes with a flared aeroport it should be decently loud right? My last system was 2 12 in ssa d cons off a boss audio 3500d in a sealed box in a camaro. sound quality was great but I wanted more output. Would my idea fit the bill or will I have to shoot higher?

I still have the d cons that I'll throw in until I can sell them. I just need a box and wire it up. Riding with no beat is killing me haha

Archived