viper 5901 rear defroster??

Hello my smart SMD members. I need some help with my new viper 5901 alarm system i purchased. I had it installed yesterday and everything is working just fine without any problems but my rear defroster is not turning on. it gives me the error on my 2-way remote of "not available". from what the dealer told me is that they hooked it up for me but first, my defroster light inside my 2004 envoy does not illuminate and secondly, the defroster icon on my remote does not show and i get that not available error. i tried to run through the aux options and it does not seem that any are hooked up to my rear defroster. can anybody help me out please i would like to get this working.

And another thing. i do not see anything on my 2-way remote that alerts me of the temperature of my truck when i have the remote start on. does anybody know how to get that to read off??

if anybody on here can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all the smd members who have helped me with my stupid problems in the past trink40.gif

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

First off, to read the temp, you need to hit function once and then hold the function button. The temp will pop up in the lower corner of your remote. You can set the module to auto report whenever the temperature inside the vehicle changes 1 degree. It is part of the third programming menu. You may need to check the instructions and try it out for yourself a few times as it is fairly in depth to explain if you are not familiar. Practice and you will get good at programming. It only takes a few min.

Similarly, the programming may not be correct for your defogger. This feature is also on menu three. You need to select latched if they are hitting the main harness with a relay. They may have hit the back side of the switch before it hits the factory relay. I think this is also a latch, but it may be pulsed. Cant remember exactly in an Envoy. If the defrost switch is the only thing that lights when you defrost manually, then they are not bs'ing you about being able to see visual confirmation of the defogger activation

Whether or not they have the damn thing hooked up right or even at all is not determinable, until you make sure it is programmed right and it is below 55 degrees according to the main module. You read correctly! The defogger doesnt work when it is above 55 degrees in most of these new DEI units.

If you paid them good money, they should make sure this is right. They may be half assed and they may be dumbasses, so things may be easier rectified yourself.

Grab yourself an install guide from the12volt.com and check out feture programming in menu 3 to address both temp reporting and defogger output.

:good:

04 Monochrome LT Chevy Tahoe

-A few wires, half a speaker, some watts

-All Black 6's

-Paint to Match, SS Bumper, Black grills.

-HID'ed and LED'ed

-A few performance enhancers

I have two nice subs for sale, but I am not allowed to help my fellow forum members by offering it to them for a nice price via my signature, sorry

Ok. Wow thanks a ton. The said it was programmed but I wasn't sure since the remote said feature unavailable. But ill try to program it and let you know the result thanks again

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

another question for you about my 5901. my shock sensor is not all that sensitive. i can punch the window and the door where the antenna is and it does not make it chirp and i can even rock the car up and down and it wont chirp still. can you possibly guide me through how to setup the sensitivity of my alarm without going back to the install shop that would be awesome. and im still waiting for my truck to get cold enough outside to test the rear defroster feature.

thanks!!

another question for you about my 5901. my shock sensor is not all that sensitive. i can punch the window and the door where the antenna is and it does not make it chirp and i can even rock the car up and down and it wont chirp still. can you possibly guide me through how to setup the sensitivity of my alarm without going back to the install shop that would be awesome. and im still waiting for my truck to get cold enough outside to test the rear defroster feature.

thanks!!

i gotcha on this man.

WVZ4H.jpg

Qmrt0.jpg

NxUX9.jpg

thanks Kranny. ill give it a try after i get out of my class.

Right on with the shock sensor Kranny. BTW, the sensors in the new units are not as sensitve as the old outboard modules. I add the outboard stinger shock sensor when needed.

04 Monochrome LT Chevy Tahoe

-A few wires, half a speaker, some watts

-All Black 6's

-Paint to Match, SS Bumper, Black grills.

-HID'ed and LED'ed

-A few performance enhancers

I have two nice subs for sale, but I am not allowed to help my fellow forum members by offering it to them for a nice price via my signature, sorry

thanks a ton Kranny. i got the sensor to adjust. but my rear defroster does not turn on a single relay in the vehicle so im going to have to go back to the install shop and make them hook it up like i paid them extra to do. but i have to ask you. i cannot find it anywhere on the 12volt.com about what wire in my 2004 GMC envoy you tap into in order to get the rear defroster feature to kick in. do you by chance know off hand? if you dont its alright, i dont expect you to know it all. but i tried latch and pulsed output of the wire and it does not kick it on.

for your vehicle its a purple wire in your hatch and needs to be opened with a relay and fed reverse polarity. i install using xpress kit's and a lot of those modules do it all through data. On your vehicle you have to run wire all the way to your hatch to patch in manually. the switch in the dash is a sealed switch and you could damage it by messing with those wires.

1995 Honda Accord Coupe

still building only thing done is big three and one run of stinger 0 gauge.

Feedback

2r2boxz.png

Yea. I had an installer put mine in and he used xpress kits for it all everything else works great I just wish I had a glass break sensor and tilt sensor. But ill prob get that eventually. Thanks for ur relpy. Ill call the shop up and have them look at it. I appreciate all your help

Archived