DC Sound Lab

XL 15 in 3cuft ported

The XLs can handle up to about 3500 RMS daily. If you plan on giving them 1500rms I would go with something around 4-4.25 cubes after displacements. I have seen corona_jeffs 4 XL 15s getting 1500 daily and they are moving alot of air but can obviously handle ALOT more power. I am going to be putting 4 XL 15s in my truck next week giving them 2500 daily in 3.5 cubes per sub after displacements. DC really under rates all of their subs. Consider this the only difference in the XL and the Level 5 is the motor. Guys are giving level 5s 5k+ daily with no problem, this is being done with CLEAN power though. So unless you plan on putting an aq3500 per sub i would go with 4-4.25 cubes per sub after displacements to allow the box to be very efficient with the power you are going to give them.

The XLs can handle up to about 3500 RMS daily. If you plan on giving them 1500rms I would go with something around 4-4.25 cubes after displacements. I have seen corona_jeffs 4 XL 15s getting 1500 daily and they are moving alot of air but can obviously handle ALOT more power. I am going to be putting 4 XL 15s in my truck next week giving them 2500 daily in 3.5 cubes per sub after displacements. DC really under rates all of their subs. Consider this the only difference in the XL and the Level 5 is the motor. Guys are giving level 5s 5k+ daily with no problem, this is being done with CLEAN power though. So unless you plan on putting an aq3500 per sub i would go with 4-4.25 cubes per sub after displacements to allow the box to be very efficient with the power you are going to give them.

I just drew up a box that will be 4.18cuft after displacements tuned to 37Hz facing in sealed from the trunk on the AQ2200

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

2008 Chevy Impala (Daily Driver)

Pioneer touchscreen w/navi

1 DC XL 15" (around 4cuft ported box)

1 AQ2200

1 AQ90x4

Memphis MClass 6.5s (front doors)

Memphis MClass 6x9s (rear deck)

stock alt & front batt; 1 Red top in the trunk

139.2db sealed (on my old JL1000/1)

140.0db outlaw (on my old JL1000/1)

1992 Chevy S-10 Ext cab. (project car)

Coming Soon: Bagged with some kind of wall.

I just drew up a box that will be 4.18cuft after displacements tuned to 37Hz facing in sealed from the trunk on the AQ2200

That should treat you nicely. Just make sure when you get the amp to set your gain right. Remember the gain IS NOT A POWER KNOB!!!! When we tell you that you will be fine giving a sub over what DC rates it for it is for CLEAN POWER ONLY. Clipping your sub with RMS+ power you are taking a huge risk in burning up your coils and can possibly damage your amp.

That should treat you nicely. Just make sure when you get the amp to set your gain right. Remember the gain IS NOT A POWER KNOB!!!! When we tell you that you will be fine giving a sub over what DC rates it for it is for CLEAN POWER ONLY. Clipping your sub with RMS+ power you are taking a huge risk in burning up your coils and can possibly damage your amp.

Yeah I learned that the hard way with my kicker L7 last year. I always thought the gain all the way up was full power and half way half power...I know better now thanks to SMD lol

1 AQ2200

1 AQ90x4

Just preference but aim for 34-35hz tuning. You'll be happier.

I thought higher tuning is better for spl? I mean it is my daily but I want good numbers too. The box I got it in now is 30Hz and I just hit a 139.2db legal on 1000 watts

1 AQ2200

1 AQ90x4

37 hz is a little high. DCs like it lower. I think you'd be happier with tunning no higher then 34...

Yeah I like my 30Hz I got now but I just wanted at least a 145db

1 AQ2200

1 AQ90x4

Yeah I learned that the hard way with my kicker L7 last year. I always thought the gain all the way up was full power and half way half power...I know better now thanks to SMD lol

Do yourself a favor and invest in a good Oscope. It will easily pay for itself by keeping you from burning up you amps and subs. I have the TPI 440 it is a bit pricey but WELL worth the money.

Just preference but aim for 34-35hz tuning. You'll be happier.

I thought higher tuning is better for spl? I mean it is my daily but I want good numbers too. The box I got it in now is 30Hz and I just hit a 139.2db legal on 1000 watts

With 1 XL 15 I wouldnt tune above 35hz. HIgher tuning does yield bigger numbers but at higher frequencies. If you want a true ground pounder your peak numbers shouldnt come higher than 40-44hz. You can get away with tuning 37-40ish if you have enough subs and power to muscle through the lows.