DC Sound Lab

4 XL 15s and a Warhorse 1/23 TL?????

Nice, only 1? Could have gone with 2 and have no voltage drop what so ever :)

im talking about adding 2 350s on top of your current alt that you have :)

Edited by Team_DC-Derrick

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Nice, only 1? Could have gone with 2 and have no voltage drop what so ever :)

im talking about adding 2 350s on top of your current alt that you have :)

With my voltage drop only being down to 12.5 with my batteries having not been charged in 2 weeks, I think upgrading to the 350 charging the back bank should do very well. I also didnt want to spend about $2000 for 2 alts and a triple bracket. Matt said it should take about 2-3 weeks to get the new alt built and shipped to me, so if anyone is looking for a Mechman 270 GM style alt, I will have one for sale shortly.

Here is a pic of the 270 installed in my truck.

_media_external_images_media_108.jpg

Was that your voltage drop when testing at idle? Have you also checked what your voltage drop is like at the alt compared to what it is at the amp or battery-bank?

I only know the idle voltage because my foot slipped off the gas and I didnt know it for all of the shaking. Idle was 11.9-12.2. Engine revved was 12.3-12.7. These are the voltages at the battery bank. I have .5 voltage loss right now from the batteries to the amp also.

These were also with the gains set too high and the amp clipping. I will get better results tonight when I put the truck on the TL.

Edited by CJ18

Was that your voltage drop when testing at idle? Have you also checked what your voltage drop is like at the alt compared to what it is at the amp or battery-bank?

I only know the idle voltage because my foot slipped off the gas and I didnt know it for all of the shaking. Idle was 11.9-12.2. Engine revved was 12.3-12.7. These are the voltages at the battery bank. I have .5 voltage loss right now from the batteries to the amp also.

These were also with the gains set too high and the amp clipping. I will get better results tonight when I put the truck on the TL.

So you already know that you have a current flow issue from the battery bank to the amp. Check to see what the voltage drop is from the alt to the battery bank, there might be a current flow issue there as well that needs to be resolved. If the current flow from the alt all the way to your amp isn't as optimal as you can get it, simply adding more alt amperage isn't going to fully maximize your charging system.... but you might already know this, just thought I would share my 2 cents..

Random vids of the Avalanche My link

Team Bass-Hz

So you already know that you have a current flow issue from the battery bank to the amp. Check to see what the voltage drop is from the alt to the battery bank, there might be a current flow issue there as well that needs to be resolved. If the current flow from the alt all the way to your amp isn't as optimal as you can get it, simply adding more alt amperage isn't going to fully maximize your charging system.... but you might already know this, just thought I would share my 2 cents..

I already know I have current flow issues, I just havent felt like running more wire under the truck. Right now I only have 1 run each of +and- going from my alt to the back bank. I am going to be adding a second run once I get the new alt. I am also rebuilding the bed, when I do that I am going to build a fuse block to hold 6 250 amp fuses so I can use the 6 input blocks I built for my amp. When I am done I wont have any current flow issues at all.

Right now I have my hands full with this Mini Van build so mine has to take a back seat for now.

I know this post arent the TL numbers, I just didnt feel like dragging out the TL and laptop tonight. I will get them tomorrow. I can honestly say that I really dont care what the numbers are, I am extremely happy with the sound and quantity of air movement.

Anyways, I am going to be rebuilding the bed to give me some more room and also going to be adding 3 more inputs into the warhorse. I built a fuse block tonight for 6 250 fuses.

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

Nice, yeah fuck the numbers, get a video of the air movement :)

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones