DC Sound Lab

4 XL 15s and a Warhorse 1/23 TL?????

I have finally made up my mind on going with 4 XL 15s. I had to go ahead and get them paid for before I changed my mind again!!! I have sold 1 SMD and 1 Level 5 so far and the mates to each are still for sale to help fund a new BIG amp to push the XLs to their daily limit. They should hopefully be in by the end of next week so I can get them installed and see what they will do with the Warhorse powering them. I will make sure to post plenty of build pics on the box and a few other secret projects I have in mind.

Edited by CJ18

Nice. When do you plan on building the box, and will there be pics? I bet you'll be extremely happy with that SounDigital. I heard that they're extremely under rated and efficient

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I am out of town for Thanksgiving now but will be home Monday. I have to get my new shop set up and then will start building the box. I am only building one box for these, as I can only build the box so big. I am going to build it right and glass and resin the inside of the box also so it may take a few days from start to finish.

Cool. I can't wait to see. Im going to feel bad for that F150. You're going to shake that this apart. Lol

LMFAO so true

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Cool. I can't wait to see. Im going to feel bad for that F150. You're going to shake that this apart. Lol

It should stay in one piece.....i hope....I dont ride around blasting the fuck out of my system all day like some guys do. I have found that I cant drive very well with my eyeballs shaking :trippy: . I am setting my expectations low though. I will be happy playing music 50+ anything after that is just extra to make me even happier. Now once I get the 16K my expectations will go up a good bit. I am curious to see how the XLs will handle 4K each daily. Oh yeah I know I have posted this before, but if I havent sold the SMD when I get the 16K I will take out the 4 15s and really test out the SMD to find out just how much of a beating that 4" coil can take!!! I expect it to handle 8K without issue, but after that its just a crap shoot what will happen.

I'm also curious about how well they take 4k daily. Like you said before, you don't play full tilt all day, so they should last for a while.

I really wanna see the SMD on 16k. You really don't understand how excited I am. Haha

LMFAO so true

I'm also curious about how well they take 4k daily. Like you said before, you don't play full tilt all day, so they should last for a while.

I really wanna see the SMD on 16k. You really don't understand how excited I am. Haha

Haha Yeah I mean worst case I become the first to over power a SMD and find its breaking point. I will probably just cut the box I have in the truck now in half do do that test. Maybe even make it a bit smaller to help handle all of the extra power, something around 3.5-4 cubes after displacements.

clip is bad when you are running like 3x the rms LOL

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Im ready to see the build start :D

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz