Sundown Audio

What Amp Would Be Best For An...

nathan89

I have a 12 inch Alpine Type X subwoofer and I was wondering if anybody on here has ever had this sub and what amp did you have hooked up to it? I don't think mine is getting enough power from my Hifonics BXi-1206D...

How many watts does the Type X need? I want it to be loud, but I also don't want to blow it.

I have a 12 inch Alpine Type X subwoofer and I was wondering if anybody on here has ever had this sub and what amp did you have hooked up to it? I don't think mine is getting enough power from my Hifonics BXi-1206D...

How many watts does the Type X need? I want it to be loud, but I also don't want to blow it.

my friend has a 2hifonics 2000 watt amps on each of his type x's. trhey rock

Lets Go Ski

those subs need a minimum of 1000 watts to perform well, put a Rockford fosgate t1500.1 bd on each and you will be happy! :D

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Ok, I learned a few things today...

I went to another car audio shop that is very well known around here for being the best. I don't know why I didn't go there in the first place...

Anyway, they carry all of the Rockford Fosgate POWER series amps and I was looking at some of them. I see that they come with a ''Birth Certificate'' that says what the amp actually puts out.... And if these numbers are correct, all I can say is DAMN! I was looking at the POWER Series T800.2 2-channel amp and the paper said that it was tested and put out 1397 watts @ 2-ohms bridged....So, my question is, are these 'actual' RMS power ratings correct??? And how well will a 2 channel amp do pushing a single Type-X subwoofer?

Here is a link to the amp http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/pr...mp;locale=en_US

Please, someone let me know what's up with these Rockfords!!

BTW: That T40001bd or whatever if fucking HUGE!!!

But why do they advertise it as 800 watts RMS X 1 @ 2-ohms bridged when it actually puts out almost double that? LOL Am I missing something?!?

cheater amps,if you compete.puts you in a lower class as far as power goes.

Edited by jasonw30

smd2.gif

2002 nissan frontier crewcab

eclipse cd2000

mb quart prem's fr&rear

rf p4004