Sonic Electronix

i just ordered some 1508's i will try to to remember to let you know how they sound

That would be great! I'm trying to figure out what would be a great midbass speaker in my doors and I'm kind of clueless about the 8s lol

aaaa.png

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"

For true midbass, you need to look at true midbass speakers, not subwoofers as all these models are geared towards frequencies below 100HZ

04 Monochrome LT Chevy Tahoe

-A few wires, half a speaker, some watts

-All Black 6's

-Paint to Match, SS Bumper, Black grills.

-HID'ed and LED'ed

-A few performance enhancers

I have two nice subs for sale, but I am not allowed to help my fellow forum members by offering it to them for a nice price via my signature, sorry

uhmm.. you dont want subwoofers in your doors. you want midwoofers. shallow 10" p2 rockford would be perfect.

and guys, be serious. a sa-8 in a door? that would look stupid, it would bulge tremendously and ruin the footroom.

EDIT:

IF YOU SERIOUSLY WANT AN 8"... try these.

MID

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-424 : )

Woofer

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=296-420

Subwoofer:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-854

(had one of these in my jeep, so i know personally, if you want some bass from your doors on the cheap, this is the only choice)

will post a pic of it in a min.

2n8rgra.jpg

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

those tang bands seem like a good choice, but thats from the reviews and whatnot

Not to Thread Jack BUT

To run 8 inch woofers along with my other 12 inch woofers, wouldnt i need like a Processor or External EQ to make sure they hit the right notes?

those tang bands seem like a good choice, but thats from the reviews and whatnot

Not to Thread Jack BUT

To run 8 inch woofers along with my other 12 inch woofers, wouldnt i need like a Processor or External EQ to make sure they hit the right notes?

uhh... what does size have to do with frequency range? sorry i just dont understand your question.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

uhmm.. you dont want subwoofers in your doors. you want midwoofers. shallow 10" p2 rockford would be perfect.

and guys, be serious. a sa-8 in a door? that would look stupid, it would bulge tremendously and ruin the footroom.

EDIT:

IF YOU SERIOUSLY WANT AN 8"... try these.

MID

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-424 : )

Woofer

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=296-420

Subwoofer:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-854

(had one of these in my jeep, so i know personally, if you want some bass from your doors on the cheap, this is the only choice)

will post a pic of it in a min.

2n8rgra.jpg

I have no problem with foot room or anything like that the doors on my excursion are really thick. I'm sure a sa 8 would be able to fit in my door and not be too bulky or stick out past the space that is provided for things to put in the door. So p2 would be a good one?

aaaa.png

Not to Thread Jack BUT

Works for me since ill be able to learn more while I'm figuring out this whole door speaker thing lol

aaaa.png

if youre putting it in the straight up door, you are gonna need a ton of sound deadener and some way to seal it ( i use thin clipboard material)

24pm3xe.jpg

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

if youre putting it in the straight up door, you are gonna need a ton of sound deadener and some way to seal it ( i use thin clipboard material)

I was kind of thinking about building a fiberglass mold in the door. i got rom for days for foot room and in the door. im thinking about doing a v.2 and a couple p2s and tweets in the door. i planned on doing a few layers of sound deadener in the next month on all the doors and everything.

aaaa.png

Oh really? SA-8 in a door.

IM002426.jpg

IM002425.jpg

IM002428.jpg

IM002427.jpg

IM002442.jpg

IM002443.jpg

IM002444.jpg

IM002445.jpg

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Archived