how much power can i handle

i have a stock alt with the big 3. my question is how much can my alt handle? its a 105amp alt in a olds intrigue. im curious to know whats the biggest amp i can get with that alt and/or how many batteries. i have one yellow top under the hood right now

Usually a safe bet is 1500-2000wrms on a stock electrical and you will have some voltage drop, I wouldn't suggest adding more batteries until you have a larger alternator that can support the current draw by more batteries.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Usually a safe bet is 1500-2000wrms on a stock electrical and you will have some voltage drop, I wouldn't suggest adding more batteries until you have a larger alternator that can support the current draw by more batteries.

fashoooo thanks man. so u recommend me just sticking with one battery under the hood with that alt?

throw more batteries in there and you can handle as much wattage as you can afford.

Unless you're gonna have enough alternator to run your amps without even having batteries attached, keeping your voltage high is a pipe dream.

Just use more batteries to keep the voltage in the 12's, and the stock alt will charge that battery bank.

HOWEVER

The more batteries you use, the longer it will take to recharge them after bumping with that stock alt.

AND your stock alt will have to run at full duty cycle for longer to recharge that battery bank, and shortening the life of the alternator.

AND you're limited to the discharge capacity of said battery bank even moreso, keeping the amount of time you can just whale on it low.

So take the route you want, just know what the crap you're doing.

It's safe to add a second battery to your stock alternator, but I wouldn't do more than two on it. We had three batteries in the explorer and it ate the stock alternator, but we were also pulling 3500 rms at full tilt. My other friend has two batteries in his van and it's fine on 1500 rms. Same motor and alternator as you, in fact. So I'd say, no more than two batteries on your stock alternator with the big 3. I wouldn't go over 2k with that, personally.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

nice thanks a lot guys. once i save up ill end up getting a ho alt.but for now im just sticking with the stock and maybe add a second batt after your guys help. my aq1200 is doing fine with my electrical right now does drop tho but not too bad. did want to add more power but idk now lol just gota wait to get to u guys level. oh btw anyone wana donate to my box upgrade build? im broke and i just been saving money for rent and "needs" in order to survive out in this world ha. cuz right now im stuck with a prefab box i got from sonicelecronix. my hdc3 is suffering lol i would greatly appreciate it.

Archived