Ludachris5150 Posted November 28, 2010 Report Posted November 28, 2010 Got my components the other day and was looking at the crossover. Do I want to wire it to 0 or -3db? Idk a whole lot when it comes to components or frontstages. Rebuild in progress...
BeAlLsTaR13 Posted November 28, 2010 Report Posted November 28, 2010 depends on how loud you want the tweeters Team Sundown Audio**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here **OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Herecheck them out, slap me a comment2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.-------------------------------------------------------------------Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft partsAmplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500DEnclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hzFront Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" ComponentsRear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-RangeFront Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4DWires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAsElectrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13-------------------------------------------------------------------
Autruche Posted November 28, 2010 Report Posted November 28, 2010 That's for you tweeters. You wire the negative up to where it's supposed to be, and you put your positive in the one you want. If you want the tweeter louder you put it in the 0 terminal, if you want it quieter you put it in the -3 terminal. Mot crossovers just use a switch, so I can see how it might be confusing. Edit: my bad, I thought I read "How do I change it to 0 or -3db?" I think I need to go to sleep now, lol. Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!My Saab 9000 build1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spdPioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE AudioJust Say No To Rear SpeakersJust Say No To CCA WireReal Men Drive StickHit me up on Facebook, if you want
Ludachris5150 Posted December 24, 2010 Author Report Posted December 24, 2010 That's for you tweeters. You wire the negative up to where it's supposed to be, and you put your positive in the one you want. If you want the tweeter louder you put it in the 0 terminal, if you want it quieter you put it in the -3 terminal. Mot crossovers just use a switch, so I can see how it might be confusing. Edit: my bad, I thought I read "How do I change it to 0 or -3db?" I think I need to go to sleep now, lol. Sorry for the late reply but that helps alot, Thank you. Hookn em up in a day or 2 but just off deck power til I get a rockford for em. So mayb the 0 wouldnt be a bad choice for now Rebuild in progress...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.