Sonic Electronix

Saving for this upgrade. Need advice.

Alright the vehicle is a 99 Grand Am GT with stock electrical. Im going to be running a Fi BL 15 in a box tuned to 32Hz running off of a AQ1200D. My question is do you guys have any suggestions on what else I should get? To run it with the best outcome.

well, it'll make you shit bricks.

just run a + wire to both terminals, and same with - terminals. Fuse the + run at both ends

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

I ran my Rockford T1000 put out close to 1500 rms off all stock and never had a problem with voltage. But a second battery in the trunk would do good. Maybe Kinetik HC800 or 1400?

damn so no Big 3?

what was your Alternator's Stock Amperage? im just curious

I ran my Rockford T1000 put out close to 1500 rms off all stock and never had a problem with voltage. But a second battery in the trunk would do good. Maybe Kinetik HC800 or 1400?

That depends on the kinda vehicle being used. Like the size of the alt, etc..

Some cars have a 60amp alt and others have 120's.

Derp.

Sounds good guys now let me run this by yall. I added all these to my list, KHC 1800 for batt, DB Link 0 gauge amp wire kit, and 20 ft of Monster 1/0 to do big 3 and run the second batt. Sound good or would I need more?

well, it'll make you shit bricks.

i put a vr1000 and a ppi pcx 12" in my girls kia. set up at 570 watts @2ohms. the stock alt is 120 amp. true 4 gauge ran to the amp. when the volume is 24 of 35 the bass hits and the car will jolt/ slow down because of the alt keeping up. the alt has no problem of keeping up. the reason it slows down is because of the wiring its only 8 gauge from the alt and all battery connections are a weak 8 gauge, first do a big 3. if you still experience a voltage drop then a second batt, agm type where you can locate it near an amp. also since batteries charge slow. i would recommend a cap AFTER the second batt. but only use a cap after the upgrades. big3,alt if needed, second batt then a cap. a cap has no place in a car without the proper set up.

Archived