Mr.basshead Posted November 30, 2010 Report Posted November 30, 2010 What are some loud 6.5 comps or mids that have a 2 ohm load and will get loud off of about 85-90 watts rms to each one. I need to be able to keep up with 145 decibels of bass. My budget is about $130-150 1 TC Sounds TC-3000 15 D2 (temporary until I get a box built for the both of them) Powerbass ASA 1500.1 Dx Pioneer Mvh-P8200 Soundstream MPQ-7XO 7 band Eq Crescendo CCX6.5's Rockford Fosgate Punch 200a4 C&D UPS490-MR in the back 2008 Kia Rio Lx
fullofpurple Posted November 30, 2010 Report Posted November 30, 2010 What are some loud 6.5 comps or mids that have a 2 ohm load and will get loud off of about 85-90 watts rms to each one. I need to be able to keep up with 145 decibels of bass. My budget is about $130-150 cheack out re audio, i THINK they have the re 2ohms
casemods Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 You COULD always just turn the bass down. This would increase the life if your sub and amp. Try turning the bass boost on the head unit and the amp all the way down. Then turn the gain to half. That should help. I have my gain a little over half, punch eq OFF and bass -7 on the head unit. (no sub control) 2-way 40w rms in dash, 50w rms in doors ran off head unit. not great but better then stock speakers by far. best buy and frys have decent highs and mids. that's where I got mine. polk audio marine rated 2-ways. they have infinity but not sure they have much better. i suck men dry...email me for details
TeamHT Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 Crescendo audio. Bright, but great for cheap comps to be heard over the bass. Turn down the bass? I think you're on the wrong site man Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
zachfowler222 Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 What are some loud 6.5 comps or mids that have a 2 ohm load and will get loud off of about 85-90 watts rms to each one. I need to be able to keep up with 145 decibels of bass. My budget is about $130-150 cheack out re audio, i THINK they have the re 2ohms dont get the re audios, from what everyone has told me they sucked, and they blow easy ....i would look at some mb quarts they are good for he price I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...
Kendall1970 Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 I have 4 Elevation audio concert 6.5 an they are great I hear every muscial note and voice even when my 2 RD audio alpha's are pounding and they are powered with 2 RD audio 1750.1 strapped. They also have a line called loud and clear I've heard they get very loud as well.
Loudcivic Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 You COULD always just turn the bass down. This would increase the life if your sub and amp. Try turning the bass boost on the head unit and the amp all the way down. Then turn the gain to half. That should help. I have my gain a little over half, punch eq OFF and bass -7 on the head unit. (no sub control) 2-way 40w rms in dash, 50w rms in doors ran off head unit. not great but better then stock speakers by far. best buy and frys have decent highs and mids. that's where I got mine. polk audio marine rated 2-ways. they have infinity but not sure they have much better. stupidest post ive seen in awhile. i think you belong somewhere else. the crescendo 6.5's i hear are good. thats what im gettin and i cant wait to hear them 2015 silverado crew cab nothing atm but soon...
nCOMP1337 Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 You COULD always just turn the bass down. This would increase the life if your sub and amp. Try turning the bass boost on the head unit and the amp all the way down. Then turn the gain to half. That should help. I have my gain a little over half, punch eq OFF and bass -7 on the head unit. (no sub control) 2-way 40w rms in dash, 50w rms in doors ran off head unit. not great but better then stock speakers by far. best buy and frys have decent highs and mids. that's where I got mine. polk audio marine rated 2-ways. they have infinity but not sure they have much better. except for turning bass boost down, you shouldnt tell people to mess with amp settings unless you plan to tell them the proper way to do it, just turning it to half could lead to some problems there are more factors involved than just simply turning something down ont he amp, plus jsut turning bass down doesnt necessarily mean the subs wlll last longer, you could still have great subs lasting a long time if you set everything properly and have loud bass as well
finkster Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 What are some loud 6.5 comps or mids that have a 2 ohm load and will get loud off of about 85-90 watts rms to each one. I need to be able to keep up with 145 decibels of bass. My budget is about $130-150 cheack out re audio, i THINK they have the re 2ohms dont get the re audios, from what everyone has told me they sucked, and they blow easy ....i would look at some mb quarts they are good for he price man gtfo, the re's will take more power longer than any other comps posted in this thread. and Im not saying that as a fanboy either. The thing wrong with them is customer service. My comps get the living fuck beat out of them from my 4125. thats almost 600 watts daily and they laugh. DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
Mikesmith0890 Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 I think he was talking about the baseline of RE comps not the XXXs AlphaDamp Sound Deadening CDL Mat - The best Vibration Damper Ever! I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England. Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.