finkster Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 I think he was talking about the baseline of RE comps not the XXXs Whoops sorry about that. But those arent 2 ohm theyre 4 ohm. DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
Mikesmith0890 Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 That confused me at first too.. but the base line comps suck so I'm assuming he is talking about those. The XXXs are just plain nasty AlphaDamp Sound Deadening CDL Mat - The best Vibration Damper Ever! I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England. Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.
casemods Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 You COULD always just turn the bass down. This would increase the life if your sub and amp. Try turning the bass boost on the head unit and the amp all the way down. Then turn the gain to half. That should help. I have my gain a little over half, punch eq OFF and bass -7 on the head unit. (no sub control) 2-way 40w rms in dash, 50w rms in doors ran off head unit. not great but better then stock speakers by far. best buy and frys have decent highs and mids. that's where I got mine. polk audio marine rated 2-ways. they have infinity but not sure they have much better. stupidest post ive seen in awhile. i think you belong somewhere else. the crescendo 6.5's i hear are good. thats what im gettin and i cant wait to hear them To benefit everyone (including myself) please post a validated reason to your opinion, thanks. You COULD always just turn the bass down. This would increase the life if your sub and amp. Try turning the bass boost on the head unit and the amp all the way down. Then turn the gain to half. That should help. I have my gain a little over half, punch eq OFF and bass -7 on the head unit. (no sub control) 2-way 40w rms in dash, 50w rms in doors ran off head unit. not great but better then stock speakers by far. best buy and frys have decent highs and mids. that's where I got mine. polk audio marine rated 2-ways. they have infinity but not sure they have much better. except for turning bass boost down, you shouldnt tell people to mess with amp settings unless you plan to tell them the proper way to do it, just turning it to half could lead to some problems there are more factors involved than just simply turning something down ont he amp, plus jsut turning bass down doesnt necessarily mean the subs wlll last longer, you could still have great subs lasting a long time if you set everything properly and have loud bass as well Well he wanted to get highs to match the low, I just gave one option to turn the lows down and he wouldn't need to get highs. I don't see how turning the bass DOWN would harm an amp/sub in anyway if it's already stable? And I was assuming the gain was above half, and that it should be turned down, sorry about not being clear about that. i suck men dry...email me for details
Mikesmith0890 Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 Having the gain at half means absolutely nothing, you could have it set 1/4 of the way and still be clipping the shit of your subs. You are posting giving out the wrong information and in turn are running the risk of other people damaging their equipment by listening to your misinformed advice. AlphaDamp Sound Deadening CDL Mat - The best Vibration Damper Ever! I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England. Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.
casemods Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 Having the gain at half means absolutely nothing, you could have it set 1/4 of the way and still be clipping the shit of your subs. You are posting giving out the wrong information and in turn are running the risk of other people damaging their equipment by listening to your misinformed advice. The guy didn't say he needed help on how to correctly set his low amp to prevent clipping. He said he wanted highs to compensate for the lows. that would tell me that he could just turn the lows down a bit. (at least till he acquired louder highs) Edit: a lot of the time, some people don't think of the obvious stuff (I know I don't) I figured, he might have said "hey, ur right, I can just turn the bass down, I didn't even think of that". I was just throwing it out there. And I don't mean to suggest things that might harm anything. Turning the gain down a bit and the bass boost off did not harm my amp or sub at all and thinking that it could harm any system is just idiotic. i suck men dry...email me for details
nCOMP1337 Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 regardless you should never tell anyone to mess with an amp unless its to be tuned properly, if the guy misunderstands something trying to follow any advice dealing with an amp, and something happens he has to pay for the mistakes..best thing is to advise to set things properly and after knowing how to do that, he should easily be able to get the response form his speakers that he desires
AMI CUSTOMS Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 I like kickers and rockford, or check out the dozens of others under the sun out there. AND just bridge two sets together for 2 ohm. TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain 3x Streetbeat World Record Holder 2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4 2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db 2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db 2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db 2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db 2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4 2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db 2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db 2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012 (4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log Evo X build log Facebook page The Black Nasty
zachfowler222 Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 What are some loud 6.5 comps or mids that have a 2 ohm load and will get loud off of about 85-90 watts rms to each one. I need to be able to keep up with 145 decibels of bass. My budget is about $130-150 cheack out re audio, i THINK they have the re 2ohms dont get the re audios, from what everyone has told me they sucked, and they blow easy ....i would look at some mb quarts they are good for he price man gtfo, the re's will take more power longer than any other comps posted in this thread. and Im not saying that as a fanboy either. The thing wrong with them is customer service. My comps get the living fuck beat out of them from my 4125. thats almost 600 watts daily and they laugh. sorry bro these were the speakers i was thinking about http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_27340_RE-Audio-RE6.5C.html sorry about that I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...
sounddesires Posted December 10, 2010 Report Posted December 10, 2010 http://www.sonicelec...dio-RE6.5C.html u can get 4 of these for like 85$ shipped and they sound great!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.