sealed?

lol ya are your trying to compare to ported or something? what your wrote doesnt make much sense

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

• 3 weeks later...

ok say i ahve a lot of subs  ok let say 15 subs  would ported be louder or would sealed  be louder

both walled

OK lol make your questions easier to understand ;)

From what I see your question is which is louder? Ported or sealed= Ported is louder. :^

well 1 ported woofer will be louder than 1 sealed woofer with the same amount of power, most people say that 1 ported sub is roughly equal to 2 sealed with the same power,

If thats considered to be true, the you would need 8 woofers ported to be roughly equal or louder than 15 sealed.

typical tuning of a ported enclosure is 32 hz or higher with output falling sharply below 32 hz.

15 sealed 10s are going to reproduce 25 hz a lot better than 6 ported 10s tuned higher than 25 hz.

spl wise 8 ported subs in the right box would be louder on the meter than 15  sealed if using the same subs and same power.  now if you are talking as a ground pounder, i think the 15 sealed would SOUND much louder at the lower frequencies.  it all depends on what you are ultimately trying to accomplish with it.  SPL machine or ground pounder.  you decide!