Sonic Electronix

Bad ground.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Bad ground.

How do I make a good ground?

Get some 1/0 or 2/0 wire, solder some terminals to it, and then do the 'big 3'

1) Battery negative to chassis

2) Alternator to battery positive

3) Chassis to engine

Another way to make a good ground to put it simply is make sure that your area that you are grounded to is completely sanded and make sure that the wire is not loose inside the terminal ring on the end and make sure its tight when you screw it down

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Could be a ground loop or your signal cables are too close to power wires which would explain the engine noise. You need to ground it to some bare metal and not to something painted (sand the surface) and I like to use the bolts on the seats because they generally are attached to a nice solid frame

It sounds to me like you have a burnt ground trace in the radio. What can happen is if your ground is weak for your amp it will seek ground from somewhere else like trough the ground on the rca and will burn a trace in the radio. So either have the radio checked out or try grounding the negative side of your rca and see if that fixes it.I have seen this before.

3) Chassis to engine

So just basically replace the existing wires with bigger ones and make sure the connections are secure?

What is the "chassis to engine" all about? I understand the first 2.

Another way to make a good ground to put it simply is make sure that your area that you are grounded to is completely sanded and make sure that the wire is not loose inside the terminal ring on the end and make sure its tight when you screw it down

I scraped the paint away with a screw driver and a knife. So it's more than just sanded, it should be raw (is this better or worse?

They just simply put 2 short screws into the body of the car (beneath the seats, metal was the same color as the silver on the outside of the car, I assume this is the body and not the frame)

Could be a ground loop or your signal cables are too close to power wires which would explain the engine noise. You need to ground it to some bare metal and not to something painted (sand the surface) and I like to use the bolts on the seats because they generally are attached to a nice solid frame

I have the remote, RCA, and power wires ran down the drivers side panel...so this seems likely. There is a small hole on the passenger side but I have no idea how to get a wire from the batter into it. Is there somewhere I can look up this kind of thing for my vehicle?

It sounds to me like you have a burnt ground trace in the radio. What can happen is if your ground is weak for your amp it will seek ground from somewhere else like trough the ground on the rca and will burn a trace in the radio. So either have the radio checked out or try grounding the negative side of your rca and see if that fixes it.I have seen this before.

If I disconnect the RCA cables from the amp, and it still flexes when I hit the brakes, would that eliminate the possibility of it being the head unit?

i suck men dry...email me for details

Just scratching off the paint won't be enough you really gotta sand it down really freaking good.

It does sound like a bad ground.

Also running power wire by RCA's really isn't that good of a idea.

Edited by Rebel4055

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

3) Chassis to engine

So just basically replace the existing wires with bigger ones and make sure the connections are secure?

What is the "chassis to engine" all about? I understand the first 2.

I scraped the paint away with a screw driver and a knife. So it's more than just sanded, it should be raw (is this better or worse?

They just simply put 2 short screws into the body of the car (beneath the seats, metal was the same color as the silver on the outside of the car, I assume this is the body and not the frame)

I have the remote, RCA, and power wires ran down the drivers side panel...so this seems likely. There is a small hole on the passenger side but I have no idea how to get a wire from the batter into it. Is there somewhere I can look up this kind of thing for my vehicle?

If I disconnect the RCA cables from the amp, and it still flexes when I hit the brakes, would that eliminate the possibility of it being the head unit?

For the chassis to engine, it is just that. Sand (not scrape, scraping has the possibility of not removing a fine film of anything that sanding does) a part of the frame, and just undo a bolt from the engine. Attach the wire, reinstall the bolts and you are good to go. The chassis to engine ground just acts as a ground to the alternator.

As for the last one, I would say that it does eliminate the head unit.