next time take your car to a shop most will reset the code for free also my local auto parts stores do it for free. covering the light wont help they look for the light to come on and go off. iirc there is something called a fusible link in the engine area by the fuses that looks like a 10 or 8 awg wire it has something to do with the car starting. sometimes that will burn and have issues starting. also i recent learned that resetting your car like you tried is very stupid. it will scramble you computer and will have to be reset a specific way....well at least thats how i screwed up my 04 honda odyssey. just to be sure make sure you have no toasted wires on your distributor. my buddy had a celica like yours so im trying to think of similar problems he had lol. also as stated check every fuse you can find. pull each one and look at it to make sure they are good.

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

next time take your car to a shop most will reset the code for free also my local auto parts stores do it for free. covering the light wont help they look for the light to come on and go off. iirc there is something called a fusible link in the engine area by the fuses that looks like a 10 or 8 awg wire it has something to do with the car starting. sometimes that will burn and have issues starting. also i recent learned that resetting your car like you tried is very stupid. it will scramble you computer and will have to be reset a specific way....well at least thats how i screwed up my 04 honda odyssey. just to be sure make sure you have no toasted wires on your distributor. my buddy had a celica like yours so im trying to think of similar problems he had lol. also as stated check every fuse you can find. pull each one and look at it to make sure they are good.

Thanks john. i actually learned that to reset the code without scrambling the ecu, i have to pull a certain fuse and wait about a minute. but i'll look for certain burnt up distributor wires. thanks for the heads up.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Jumper a wire or paper clips to the plug meant that you trying figure what the engine light telling you. It will blink long or shorts or multiple times. The service manual will give you idea what the blinks are. I think the fuse you're referring will be located under the hood, it might the 15 amp fuse depend on the car. Just removing it and disconnecting help reset the ecu, but this doesn mean it will eliminate the cel problem. I wouldn't try drive a car with cel because you can do damage your car.