Sonic Electronix

I have a 4 door F-150 and am looking for a system. I recently purchased 2 10in JL W1V2 with a JL 250 watt amp in a custom box under the seat and they sound alright but I am looking for some brain rattling bass. I want everything to vibrate and wanna be heard by everyone at the stop light. Having some trouble finding the right sub especially for the all the open space in my truck. Any ideas??? preferably a 10 in sub so i can keep my box. Thank You

even if you get a 10 inch sub you will be out of tune and will sound different. I suggest researching box building and throw some 12s in your truck or maybe a 15 with some power. Theres a box calculator on this website that helps you build your box (Torres Calculator)

mJzD9.png

Um....what?

OP...what's the budget? What are you willing to sacrifice? Because it seems like you're wanting to glory of annoying everyone by vibrating your interior but not a lot of follow through thought.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

You're gonna need 500 to 1000 watts minimum.

I have 500w 12w3 and I can feel it maybe 10 feet away but it's not that noticeable.

Plus you have to take into consideration the position of the box in the car and the cars sound waves or something like that.

Ever notice how you can feel the bass from the front of the car, but once the car passes, it's almost silent? This is mostly the case with SUV's though.

I would just get as many watts as possible for your budget and get at LEAST a 12. 15 would be recommended for what you want and an 18 would be best.

I hope you don't let the bass over power the highs for that super lame "ghetto bass" I've seen on some really shitty cars.

Most people just slap in 1000+ watts of bass and turn the gain and bass boost all the way up, but neglect the highs (mids aren't really that important)

I power 4 2-ways on the head unit but I turned the gain on the sub amp to half and the bass boost all the way down so that it's just barely a little louder than the highs.

i suck men dry...email me for details

Budget will decide all.

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

really? you want to annoy everyone at the stop light? thats why you want a big system? its shit like this that makes common folk hate the true audio enthusiasts and all the laws that are taking effect.

Plus you have to take into consideration the position of the box in the car and the cars sound waves or something like that.

I would just get as many watts as possible for your budget and get at LEAST a 12. 15 would be recommended for what you want and an 18 would be best.

Most people just slap in 1000+ watts of bass and turn the gain and bass boost all the way up, but neglect the highs (mids aren't really that important)

"or something like that"? please, if you dont know what you're talking about, dont say it. i've had to learn this the hard way on here.

there is no "best" woofer to fit in a car.

mid's arent that important? you do realize the human voice produces frequencies between ~100-300hz? a tweeter doesnt even play anywhere close to that. i would rather be able to hear voices rather than a cymbal crash or something like that.

I have a 4 door F-150 and am looking for a system. I recently purchased 2 10in JL W1V2 with a JL 250 watt amp in a custom box under the seat and they sound alright but I am looking for some brain rattling bass. I want everything to vibrate and wanna be heard by everyone at the stop light. Having some trouble finding the right sub especially for the all the open space in my truck. Any ideas??? preferably a 10 in sub so i can keep my box. Thank You

thanks, that makes us all look like jackasses

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

Oh my god, so much fail on this topic!!! :turkey:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Fecupe..,.so true. But even more fail is some of the advice given on this forum. Maybe there should be an extra emblem added to the screen name...like....

Not allowed to give advice

Knows textbook

And Come to for guidance.

Lol

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?