Sonic Electronix

I'm planning on getting 4 Crescendo mids and 2 Crescendo tweeters (two CCX65 packages). That would be $200 total, now my question is what would be the best budget amp to buy to power these? I'm looking to spend less than $150 if possible, but I don't have any subwoofers and I'm just looking for some decent quality/loud speakers in my car. These are NOT to be louder than the bass, I just need a decent amp to power those instead of a head unit. What would you guys recommend? Remember, the cheaper = the better (as long as it's not a POS)

Current Setup:

VW GTI 1.8T '02

1 15" Fi BTL

Sundown SAZ-1500D

Box-4.3 cubes

wait why do you want your bass to overpower the speakers? unless you typed it wrong.

I meant that the reason I'm buying them is to just have some overall loud speakers. My number one priority isn't being able to hear the music over the bass as is the reason most people purchase aftermarket stereos.

Current Setup:

VW GTI 1.8T '02

1 15" Fi BTL

Sundown SAZ-1500D

Box-4.3 cubes

wait why do you want your bass to overpower the speakers? unless you typed it wrong.

I meant that the reason I'm buying them is to just have some overall loud speakers. My number one priority isn't being able to hear the music over the bass as is the reason most people purchase aftermarket stereos.

so if im reading this right you just want to hear bass and no vocals. whats the point of having a stereo then if im reading this correctly?

so if im reading this right you just want to hear bass and no vocals. whats the point of having a stereo then if im reading this correctly?

No? I'm saying the exact opposite. I'm wanting loud mids and highs right now and getting an 8" sub later down the road. I don't know why you're assuming the opposite.

Current Setup:

VW GTI 1.8T '02

1 15" Fi BTL

Sundown SAZ-1500D

Box-4.3 cubes

Because your statements contradict what you're saying you're saying. Reread your statements please.

And if you think most people upgrade so they can't hear the music you have NO idea what it is to be a basshead, audiophile, bass junky or whatever you want to call it. The bass line can bring the music to life. It's not so you can't hear music...blah

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?