Career Recommendations

Not if you become a officer in Suffolk County on Long Island. Their starting salary is around $49k and after 5 years the base salary is around $109,000.

If thats true they are the highest paid law enforcment I have ever heard of!

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

I know several state troopers and they do just as well as I do in IT its all in the overtime dude. If that is truly your passion go for it. You may not start out paid a great deal but you will get there. pay your dues and youll be fine.

My dads a police officer, and hes worked 80+ hours a week sometimes. My stepdads the head IT Manager and hes always either on his Blakberry, laptop, traveling, or in his home office lol. Thanks for the advice n8

I would look into some form of green energy development. That market is going to explode in the next 10-15 years. Just look at all the money the oil companies are investing into it. I'm taking Environmental Science classes right now to get into it later on.

You make a good point here. I just dont think id enjoy the job

Get into electronics and you'll be pretty much taking school for the rest of your life to keep up with the changes in technology, so I hope you think that through.

ugh, thats not what i wanted to hear :(

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Not if you become a officer in Suffolk County on Long Island. Their starting salary is around $49k and after 5 years the base salary is around $109,000.

looks like ill be moving lol.

I'm 14 Freshman in HS and thinking of becoming an electrical engineer and probably know the same as you.

cool, good luck ;) Ive been looking online and am REALLY interested

If thats true they are the highest paid law enforcment I have ever heard of!

Thats what I thought

LMFAO so true

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

I was going to go for electrical engineer because there are alot of branches. Nuclear, space, and all kinds of gadgets from phones to street lights. I decided on denturist because I don't think I can compete with Indians and Asians, they r just too smart. Yea I'm being serious.

Google it

49k in long island is not a lot. at all.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

To anyone in high school looking to go into the engineering field, take all the math classes available in high school and really pay attention and learn it. I stopped at advanced algebra and I'm majoring in Mechanical Engineering. Since I had to play catch up and take college algebra and trig before I started taking all of my Calculus, it's going to take me 5 years for a Bachelor's. Same thing with Chemistry. Engineering is 90% math. Just trying to help you out, I wish someone would have told me that in High School even though it's obvious I never thought about it.

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

I was going to go for electrical engineer because there are alot of branches. Nuclear, space, and all kinds of gadgets from phones to street lights. I decided on denturist because I don't think I can compete with Indians and Asians, they r just too smart. Yea I'm being serious.

i didnt think of all that. Thanks for the heads up

49k in long island is not a lot. at all.

I was talking about the $109k after 5 years. I could believe the $49k

To anyone in high school looking to go into the engineering field, take all the math classes available in high school and really pay attention and learn it. I stopped at advanced algebra and I'm majoring in Mechanical Engineering. Since I had to play catch up and take college algebra and trig before I started taking all of my Calculus, it's going to take me 5 years for a Bachelor's. Same thing with Chemistry. Engineering is 90% math. Just trying to help you out, I wish someone would have told me that in High School even though it's obvious I never thought about it.

I fucking love algebra!! Thank you for that warning. I really like math, so I think thats enough motivation lol. Im really thinking about engineering now...

LMFAO so true

Oh and I visited some websites an they ha forums for engineers and apparently it's hard getting a job, but I guess right now that's the same for everyone. Good luck man. The best thing u can do is take all te courses u can in high school all at university level and that will keep ur options open.

Google it

The guy who posted earlier is not joking. I got my b/s in math, in the masters program the majority of people are from India and china. The worst part is there are damn near no women in the engineering field...

steven.jpg

Archived