Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

What type of sound deadning do you guys use?  I've always used Dynamat but I really don't want to spend all that damn money because I have a lot of area to cover. 

Member since 25 Jun 2006

2011 Yukon DenaliCustomLightz 4300K HID RetrofitEsky TailsEsky Third BrakeEsky 22sEsky Appliques

Posted

I use peel-n-seal or fort-o-flash in my cars. It's a stick on window sealent used in construction. Super cheap at the hardware store. I got mine fo free off the jobsite  :^

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Posted

i use the same stuff in my van and i live in florida where it gets real hot and i have had not one bit fall off this summer in the extreame heat..i wiped the roof down real good and used a roller to make sure it was stuck as good as possible..i use the peel and seal and i also use " gutter repair tape" thats exactly the same thing but in a different wraper andits like 15bux for 35-40 feet roll of it found at home depot

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Guest 90accordman
Posted

whats the effecitness would you guys say, using peel and seal

Posted

never had dynamat/secondskin but it made a drastic difference with rattles dunno about spl didnt meter before hand

new setup in the works

Posted

whats the effecitness would you guys say, using peel and seal

I would say just as good. I've used Dynamat on other cars and it seems the same to me. peel n seal is eaiser to work with IMO.

As far as SPL? I don't know if it's hurting or helping my score, I don't really care because it really cuts down the road noise.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 723 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...