rickyfromthe407 Posted December 5, 2010 Author Report Posted December 5, 2010 i used to only have my 2000 running my setup and it worked great. never dropped below 12.8 volts. im running stock alt with big 3. i only added another battery for any upgrading i may do. You also have a stock 130amp alt. I would be scared to say mine is an 80amp. Its a old 1995 Honda Civic EX 2DR. I picked it up for next to nothing and I need to put a new system in it because the stock is basically blown and sounds horrible. Current 4 10"s System! 1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140 Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800 (4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200 XS D6500 $245.65 PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430 Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60 Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85 A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!
fullofpurple Posted December 5, 2010 Report Posted December 5, 2010 I had just bought a new "Walmart" battery for under the hood about a month ago. I didnt plan on buying a new under the hood battery. since you already got a new battery from walmart,just get another walmart battery in the trunk, a d31 or d34 size battery from walmert and will be no more than 100 out the door. oh also to help voltage and power install the BIG 3,in atleaset 4 awg power wire since its good up to about 150 amps in runs of less then 25feet. also your eighty amp alt should be fine if its new, with 2 batterys and big 3 on around 1500w you ahould be fine.
rickyfromthe407 Posted December 5, 2010 Author Report Posted December 5, 2010 I had just bought a new "Walmart" battery for under the hood about a month ago. I didnt plan on buying a new under the hood battery. since you already got a new battery from walmart,just get another walmart battery in the trunk, a d31 or d34 size battery from walmert and will be no more than 100 out the door. oh also to help voltage and power install the BIG 3,in atleaset 4 awg power wire since its good up to about 150 amp rund in runs of less then 25feet I already have my big 3 ready. Its cut to the right lengths in 1/0 ! But another walmart battery probably isnt going to be half as good as even the hc2000 by kinetik. Which is worth the money in my opinion. I can get the 1800 for about 200 shipped or the 2000 for about 250 shipped. I am thinking I will just buy the HC1800 and see what happens. If it looks like I am taking a huge loss in voltage if I play for a decent time, I will upgrade the under the hood battery again to a 1400. I am pretty sure that will be good. Im going to buy the 1800 later tonight....Worst that can happen is I will have to get a 1400 for under the hood.... Current 4 10"s System! 1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140 Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800 (4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200 XS D6500 $245.65 PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430 Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60 Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85 A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!
fullofpurple Posted December 5, 2010 Report Posted December 5, 2010 I had just bought a new "Walmart" battery for under the hood about a month ago. I didnt plan on buying a new under the hood battery. since you already got a new battery from walmart,just get another walmart battery in the trunk, a d31 or d34 size battery from walmert and will be no more than 100 out the door. oh also to help voltage and power install the BIG 3,in atleaset 4 awg power wire since its good up to about 150 amp rund in runs of less then 25feet I already have my big 3 ready. Its cut to the right lengths in 1/0 ! But another walmart battery probably isnt going to be half as good as even the hc2000 by kinetik. Which is worth the money in my opinion. I can get the 1800 for about 200 shipped or the 2000 for about 250 shipped. I am thinking I will just buy the HC1800 and see what happens. If it looks like I am taking a huge loss in voltage if I play for a decent time, I will upgrade the under the hood battery again to a 1400. I am pretty sure that will be good. Im going to buy the 1800 later tonight....Worst that can happen is I will have to get a 1400 for under the hood.... ya the most your gonna need for 1500w rms class d daily is a dual battery setup and big 3, when its hot outside just turn it down abit
norcal colby Posted December 6, 2010 Report Posted December 6, 2010 im getting a 2400 from my brother. he for somereason had 2 in his car plus the cars own battery... yeah.. one will be plenty for me. going to be running 2 jl 10w3v3 subs.. with a mtx jh1200 amp i will be putting out 800w rms..
C-Fizzy Posted December 6, 2010 Report Posted December 6, 2010 i'm running a stock front battery, stock alt (8O amp) and big 3. i have two kinetik 2000's in the back on a sundown 1500 (2000 rms) and i drop to 12.8 at idle, lights on. under construction I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me. u hate c-fizzy?
jdl01gt Posted December 6, 2010 Report Posted December 6, 2010 not to jack thread but wont his lights still dim even after the battery. i know i have a dc270xp alt and two shuriken bt-120 batteries and big three done in a 2007 mag and my system still can dim my lights when tight bass hits 07 Corolla S 2-p3 15's in a custom fiberglass box powered by a p1001bd, Fosgate punch series components that hit 140.1 on Term Lab 07 Magnum R/T 1-??? sub powered by RF 2500-1bd, Big 3, 2-shuriken bt-120 batteries. 99 Ford F-150 Reg Cab 2-10in Powerbass ps subs in a MTX Thunderform box Powered by ASA1000.1. Hit 132.4 on Term Lab
Robert8252 Posted December 6, 2010 Report Posted December 6, 2010 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/93103-2010-holiday-group-buy-current-discount-10/ That is all.. 2013 F150 Crew Cab Old Build Log Feedback 2013 F150 Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff
bassl0va Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 ya the most your gonna need for 1500w rms class d daily is a dual battery setup and big 3, when its hot outside just turn it down abit Huh? Batteries work better when warm. My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.
fullofpurple Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 ya the most your gonna need for 1500w rms class d daily is a dual battery setup and big 3, when its hot outside just turn it down abit Huh? Batteries work better when warm. true,but your alt produces less amps when its warm
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.