rickyfromthe407 Posted December 5, 2010 Report Posted December 5, 2010 I have four 10" subs equalling out to 1600rms and 3200watts I have a soundstream 1700watt amp with FIVE 30 amp fuses, so its a great little amp! ( not too little ) I am wondering which battery would be best to go with for this system. It is going to be in the car for a while and I do not plan to upgrade the RMS for atleast a year if not longer. So pretend its a system to stay! I have found through another topic I will not be needing an alternator as I originally had thought, and that a decent battery will be able to cut the job fairly well for this system setup. I planned to buy a Kinetik battery but I was not sure exactly which one to get. I know the model numbers tell me for how much watts each battery is good for. But one guy told me to get the HC1400 or the HC2000 which confused me because they also make an HC1800? I will be running this battery in the back PARALLEL to the starting battery in the front. ( please correct me if parallel is the wrong way to wire these!! ) But I am confused as to which I should get. Can I settle for the 1400 and see a little voltage drop? or can I get by just fine with the 1800 and not need to go all the way to 2000? Let me know! Thanks for the replies anybody!!! :noob: Current 4 10"s System! 1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140 Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800 (4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200 XS D6500 $245.65 PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430 Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60 Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85 A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!
tsuch20 Posted December 5, 2010 Report Posted December 5, 2010 I have four 10" subs equalling out to 1600rms and 3200watts I have a soundstream 1700watt amp with FIVE 30 amp fuses, so its a great little amp! ( not too little ) I am wondering which battery would be best to go with for this system. It is going to be in the car for a while and I do not plan to upgrade the RMS for atleast a year if not longer. So pretend its a system to stay! I have found through another topic I will not be needing an alternator as I originally had thought, and that a decent battery will be able to cut the job fairly well for this system setup. I planned to buy a Kinetik battery but I was not sure exactly which one to get. I know the model numbers tell me for how much watts each battery is good for. But one guy told me to get the HC1400 or the HC2000 which confused me because they also make an HC1800? I will be running this battery in the back PARALLEL to the starting battery in the front. ( please correct me if parallel is the wrong way to wire these!! ) But I am confused as to which I should get. Can I settle for the 1400 and see a little voltage drop? or can I get by just fine with the 1800 and not need to go all the way to 2000? Let me know! Thanks for the replies anybody!!! :noob: Have the money get a 2000 if not 1800 2011 Subaru WRX Rockford Fosgate T1000-4AD (2) Sets of Rockford Fosgate T3 6.5 Components In the works: Rockford Fosgate T2500-1bdcp (2)DC Audio 12" XLM2
rickyfromthe407 Posted December 5, 2010 Author Report Posted December 5, 2010 I have four 10" subs equalling out to 1600rms and 3200watts I have a soundstream 1700watt amp with FIVE 30 amp fuses, so its a great little amp! ( not too little ) I am wondering which battery would be best to go with for this system. It is going to be in the car for a while and I do not plan to upgrade the RMS for atleast a year if not longer. So pretend its a system to stay! I have found through another topic I will not be needing an alternator as I originally had thought, and that a decent battery will be able to cut the job fairly well for this system setup. I planned to buy a Kinetik battery but I was not sure exactly which one to get. I know the model numbers tell me for how much watts each battery is good for. But one guy told me to get the HC1400 or the HC2000 which confused me because they also make an HC1800? I will be running this battery in the back PARALLEL to the starting battery in the front. ( please correct me if parallel is the wrong way to wire these!! ) But I am confused as to which I should get. Can I settle for the 1400 and see a little voltage drop? or can I get by just fine with the 1800 and not need to go all the way to 2000? Let me know! Thanks for the replies anybody!!! :noob: Have the money get a 2000 if not 1800 Alright cool. I appreciate the reply. I will get the 2000 if I can. My issue is by XMAS I am looking to have it done. I know ROME wasn't built in a day - but I'd like this done asap ! LOL. Also, When i stated the wiring for the battery. " I will be running this battery in the back PARALLEL to the starting battery in the front. ( please correct me if parallel is the wrong way to wire these!! ) " Is running in Parallel the correct way to run a battery up front and a battery in the back? Thanks Current 4 10"s System! 1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140 Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800 (4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200 XS D6500 $245.65 PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430 Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60 Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85 A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!
Rogers Posted December 5, 2010 Report Posted December 5, 2010 ive got a hc1400 under the hood and a hc2000 in the back and have no trouble with 2000+ watts... stock alt also http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774 93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled 2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's 3 Kinetik Hc2000's Dual 200amp alts. you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?
rickyfromthe407 Posted December 5, 2010 Author Report Posted December 5, 2010 ive got a hc1400 under the hood and a hc2000 in the back and have no trouble with 2000+ watts... stock alt also I had just bought a new "Walmart" battery for under the hood about a month ago. I didnt plan on buying a new under the hood battery. I was thinking just planning on adding a Kinetik to the back. But was not sure what size to pop int he back. Eventually I will upgrade my alternator to a 200 amp alt and get a bigger system. But that will be in about a year. So I am not really looking to spend hundreds and hundreds on a semi temporary system. If I can get by with an 1800 and not see light dimming and have a decent amount of play time that would be good. But if I would need a 2000 to have decent amount of time to play and have no light dimming that I guess would be optimal. Current 4 10"s System! 1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140 Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800 (4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200 XS D6500 $245.65 PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430 Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60 Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85 A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!
rickyfromthe407 Posted December 5, 2010 Author Report Posted December 5, 2010 ive got a hc1400 under the hood and a hc2000 in the back and have no trouble with 2000+ watts... stock alt also also, the battery i bought isnt really that bad. it was 100$ Current 4 10"s System! 1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140 Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800 (4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200 XS D6500 $245.65 PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430 Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60 Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85 A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!
THEKINGsBACK Posted December 5, 2010 Report Posted December 5, 2010 1400 and greater he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:
baaudio Posted December 5, 2010 Report Posted December 5, 2010 i used to only have my 2000 running my setup and it worked great. never dropped below 12.8 volts. im running stock alt with big 3. i only added another battery for any upgrading i may do. Team NWSPL baaudio Build Log 2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough 4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k
rickyfromthe407 Posted December 5, 2010 Author Report Posted December 5, 2010 1400 and greater You think with the HC1800 I will be fine and not see much voltage drop or lights dimming? How long do you think I will be able to play at full bump for ( for demos ) and how long would you estimate at about half? Current 4 10"s System! 1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140 Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800 (4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200 XS D6500 $245.65 PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430 Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60 Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85 A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!
rickyfromthe407 Posted December 5, 2010 Author Report Posted December 5, 2010 1400 and greater Also, What about the 2000? How much more time do you think(: Current 4 10"s System! 1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140 Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800 (4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200 XS D6500 $245.65 PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430 Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60 Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85 A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.