Possibly lookin for a new ride

Currently I've got a 93 Taurus that I drive daily but, I think I want to upgrade. Seems as if no one can see me or if they do they just don't care. Everyday that I'm driving somewhere I've got some prick who either cuts me off, pulls out in front of me where I've got to slam the brakes, drives well under the speed limit (which apparently is ok here in ky) or some other dumb shit. I've lost count as to how many people I've nearly hit cause of their stupid mistakes. Sure I'm not sayin that I'm a better driver or anything, I'm just more curtious. I was thinking bout getting a truck or suv. My problem with that tho is I drive 70+ miles a day, 4-5 times a week. So I dunno. I really like my Taurus, but I'm finding the Tahoe to be a sexier beast. Which kinda is scary considering I've only owned Fords and Mazda and never really thought of owning a Chevy. I'm not sure what to do here, if I upgrade I'll be pushing the system back even longer cause of moving and school. Hell a Tahoe would be good to have for the move, can't fit too much in Taurus. Well if ya'll have any ideas or whatever, I'd love to hear them. As always I trust those in the SMD forum.

I went from a 95 Saturn driving about 30 miles each way to school 4 days a week, and delivering pizza 4 days a week so putting about 500 miles a week. Bought an 08 Envoy Denali literally so I could have a car big enough to fit the sound system I had planned. Now I'm using the Envoy for school and the Saturn for work.

As long as you can afford more for gas, I say go for it. I was getting about 25-30 mpg on my saturn between the half city half freeway driving, now I'm getting about 12.6 in my Envoy for school and 20 in my saturn all city. Went from spending around $60 a week in gas to maybe $80 a week, but I only have class 2 days a week this semester.

I've got some prick who either cuts me off, pulls out in front of me where I've got to slam the brakes, drives well under the speed limit (which apparently is ok here in ky) or some other dumb shit.

You actually did describe KY right there. There's a turn off the main road onto the side road to our apartments that's around a slightly sharp bend at 55mph (divided highway) with no turn lane, almost been rearended more than enough times.

Anyways, what's your budget? What are you looking for? 2dr, 4dr, van, truck? Budget and preference? Planned stereo?

Moar details = epicness.

POTATO!

I've got some prick who either cuts me off, pulls out in front of me where I've got to slam the brakes, drives well under the speed limit (which apparently is ok here in ky) or some other dumb shit.

You actually did describe KY right there. There's a turn off the main road onto the side road to our apartments that's around a slightly sharp bend at 55mph (divided highway) with no turn lane, almost been rearended more than enough times.

Anyways, what's your budget? What are you looking for? 2dr, 4dr, van, truck? Budget and preference? Planned stereo?

Moar details = epicness.

What part of Ky ya in man? I'm close to Paducah. Anyways I don't really know what my budget is right now, I know I can get at least 1200 for the Taurus. So I guess 1000-1700 would be a good starting point. I'm lookin for either a 4 door suv or ext. cab pick up. No plans on stereo yet, gonna wait to see what I end up with before I make that decision. I'd prefer Ford, but I'm open to anything really.

If you know you're going to end up with a big system, get a full size SUV you won't regret it. For a solid 4 months the only car I was looking at was a Dodge Magnum, when I was finally ready to buy I went to check one out in person and was disappointed with the trunk size so I went with an SUV. Bought the Envoy an hour later without doing any research anything. Not that I regret buying this car, but looking back if I would have thought it out I probably would have got a Yukon instead simply for more trunk room.

I got an 18 and still seat 5, and I'm planning on walling 2 18's in about 2 years but I won't be able to go much bigger than that without 86ing my rear seats. Friend of mine is running 4 18's in a Sequoia even with the window line and still seats 5. Just wish I had that kind of room lmao. Even if I wanted to wall 4 18's, I couldn't do it traditionally. Don't have 40" top to bottom behind my rear seats, would force me to 2 seats.

If you want people to pay a little more attention get a white crown vic and people will do a double take (if the cop cars in your area are primarily white). B)

And for $1700 you'll be hard pressed to find anything in decent shape, let alone an SUV. And getting a different car isn't going to change peoples driving habits. Most people suck at driving and don't give a shit about there driving as long as they get to where they want to go, even if that means almost causing a few accidents. You just gotta be defensive when you drive and watch out for these idiots. Or paint your car bright orange..

Ya i agree with Cfalls... The vehicle you drive isnt going to influence how people around you drive at all... The vehicle selection is purely up to you and what your future plans are with it

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I'm not lookin for a new ride to change peoples driving habits or anything. I'm looking for a new ride mainly cause I want something different and something bigger. Sure getting a white crown vic would help with people noticing me, but even that wont really help. I've thought bout getting one, but I think I want something besides a car. For 1700 around here I can get a decent ride, shit my last 2 cars cost me around 800 a piece, neither one of them needing much work. Only thing my Taurus needs is a a/c compressor and its good to go. Now I am a deffisive driver, I pay more attention to whats around me than my own car. I'm waitin for the day when someone messes up real bad and ends up hitting me or vice versa, don't want that to happen for sure. Besides with moving 2k miles, don't ya think a suv would work out better when moving big objects? Also the Taurus does not have a very good aftermarket support, which makes making it unique pretty hard. I want something that has better aftermarket support, so I can make it more my own and not like another persons ride.

Edited by hershy314