Sonic Electronix

Have a look at Atomic too, they are the same internally as the sundown and crescendo amps

actually i think the new atomics are USA built with USA parts

Do they still use the same board? Or just different parts?

Whatever they use they are still damn good amps. haha

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

You need a bigger alt because most stock alts don't produce much juice until they get high in RPM. Your honda I believe has a 320A alt at DC Power. That would handle everything and more.

I'm pretty sure you got that the wrong way around, H/O alts produce the most power at higher RPMs, stock ones would most likely be designed to produce their power at normal speeds and idle. You can have H/O alts made to do more at lower RPMs though.

We wouldn't need aftermarket alts if that was the case. I have a bunch of car audio book that say other wise. Most aftermarket alts put out more amperage at idle than a stock does at the highest possible RPM.

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

Alpine andRockford amps do rated, and then some. The T2500-1bd puts out around 3300 watts rms at 1 ohm. The T2500-1bdcp puts out around 3500wrms. YOU must not know much about car audio if you said theyre overrated and if you're asking for amp suggestions.

The subs you're getting do not have a level 5 motor. They aren't XLs either.

We can't recommend amps if you don't give us voice coil configurations and enclosure size. To be honest, I don't think YOU should give each over 1000wrms. Someone who knows what they're doing could probably do 2kwrms

x2

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Hey man, I'm really trying to humble myself with asking such a "noobish" question. I know that people just post topics up and ask stupid questions like this. But i have looked and been looking through logs for a while now. It's just hard when I'm honestly still new at this. I know a lot of people out there (such as yourselves) are a lot more knowledgeable about all of this and i am just trying to get some help with all of it. That being said, I will ask questions in which i don't know that answer. Please don't assume I'm just another guy who just posted up a topic without knowing a thing, and that didn't put in effort to look for himself. I really am not trying to attack anyone, it's just so frustrating that people think i would do something like that. I am sorry that i still am a lot newer then you guys at car audio. But that's why i am asking all of these questions.

The reason i threw in the fact that i have talked to a engineer is because he too does a lot of similar stuff as us. As in, he understand electrical, DB's, and such, just as well as most of us on this forum. So to hear different ideas from him and to see his spin on things blows my minds sometimes and makes me want to ask questions (which i am doing right now). So my question with this is, why does he say (and it makes sense) that i could upgrade my alt but i don't need to. That the best thing to do would be to upgrade batteries. He also stated that the bigger alternator would be a good upgrade, he says it depends if i want to run of my alternator or my batteries. If i want to run off my batteries then i just need to get more batteries to hold a charge. That way my stock alt can still charge my batteries and there is really no need to upgrade my alt. I am just looking for an answer because all i hear is "upgrade to a bigger alt" without a real reason why. And seeing as h is logic makes a lot of sense... I would like someone to PLEASE back up the reason for upgrading to a bigger alternator and not doing what the engineer said.

What we were thinking for the box is making the port tunable. Kinda what Steve did on his box in the Hoe. How you can screw on different sized ports and tune it differently. We were thinking around 28-32. So probably around 30 or 29. With the cubic feet, i don't have the notes on me, but i can give you an answer probably later tonight on that. I don't remember off the top of my head honestly.

Another question that i was thinking was, is 2 HC1800 batteries okay for upgraded system ideas. I know that one is fine for my current, but when i upgrade my amp, will 2 be enough or will i need to upgrade to 4? I feel stupid that i didn't even ask this before but hey, better now then never i suppose.

Also, seeing as we are still talking about alts above, i was thinking about DC power. Not sure what size alt either. How would i go about finding out how much power i need exactly with a alternator. I don't see the need in overkill on amps if i am not even going to use all of them, if that makes sense. I don't want to get a (lets say) 300 amp alt and then only need 200. Just a waste of money to me, feel free to correct me!

I am pretty sure that my subs are 2ohms. I am not quite sure but that is my honest best bet on that. Sorry that i didn't include this before.

So with the main topic still kinda being amps. I am getting a lot of different ideas but i haven't heard much about any of these. Like Atomic or American Bass. I will do so research on them but are there any problems, pro's and con's to these? I honestly don't know anything about these amps!

Thanks guys for your feed back, i honestly am taking it all in. There so many more options that i haven't really even looked at till now. Don't think that I'm not grateful for all of your answers. This is really helping me a lot and I'm glad you guys took the time to reply and help me out with all of my various questions!

We wouldn't need aftermarket alts if that was the case. I have a bunch of car audio book that say other wise. Most aftermarket alts put out more amperage at idle than a stock does at the highest possible RPM.

So all those people with multiple alts and huge systems only rev the car up to 2000RPM for fun?

I'm sure that a 300A alt would easily put out more at idle speed than a stock 60A would if it was being taken to the red line. But H/O alts would put out the most a higher RPM.

Now time for the maxi-post :trippy:

Hey man, I'm really trying to humble myself with asking such a "noobish" question. I know that people just post topics up and ask stupid questions like this. But i have looked and been looking through logs for a while now. It's just hard when I'm honestly still new at this. I know a lot of people out there (such as yourselves) are a lot more knowledgeable about all of this and i am just trying to get some help with all of it. That being said, I will ask questions in which i don't know that answer. Please don't assume I'm just another guy who just posted up a topic without knowing a thing, and that didn't put in effort to look for himself. I really am not trying to attack anyone, it's just so frustrating that people think i would do something like that. I am sorry that i still am a lot newer then you guys at car audio. But that's why i am asking all of these questions.

The reason i threw in the fact that i have talked to a engineer is because he too does a lot of similar stuff as us. As in, he understand electrical, DB's, and such, just as well as most of us on this forum. So to hear different ideas from him and to see his spin on things blows my minds sometimes and makes me want to ask questions (which i am doing right now). So my question with this is, why does he say (and it makes sense) that i could upgrade my alt but i don't need to. That the best thing to do would be to upgrade batteries. He also stated that the bigger alternator would be a good upgrade, he says it depends if i want to run of my alternator or my batteries. If i want to run off my batteries then i just need to get more batteries to hold a charge. That way my stock alt can still charge my batteries and there is really no need to upgrade my alt. I am just looking for an answer because all i hear is "upgrade to a bigger alt" without a real reason why. And seeing as h is logic makes a lot of sense... I would like someone to PLEASE back up the reason for upgrading to a bigger alternator and not doing what the engineer said.

What we were thinking for the box is making the port tunable. Kinda what Steve did on his box in the Hoe. How you can screw on different sized ports and tune it differently. We were thinking around 28-32. So probably around 30 or 29. With the cubic feet, i don't have the notes on me, but i can give you an answer probably later tonight on that. I don't remember off the top of my head honestly.

Another question that i was thinking was, is 2 HC1800 batteries okay for upgraded system ideas. I know that one is fine for my current, but when i upgrade my amp, will 2 be enough or will i need to upgrade to 4? I feel stupid that i didn't even ask this before but hey, better now then never i suppose.

Also, seeing as we are still talking about alts above, i was thinking about DC power. Not sure what size alt either. How would i go about finding out how much power i need exactly with a alternator. I don't see the need in overkill on amps if i am not even going to use all of them, if that makes sense. I don't want to get a (lets say) 300 amp alt and then only need 200. Just a waste of money to me, feel free to correct me!

I am pretty sure that my subs are 2ohms. I am not quite sure but that is my honest best bet on that. Sorry that i didn't include this before.

So with the main topic still kinda being amps. I am getting a lot of different ideas but i haven't heard much about any of these. Like Atomic or American Bass. I will do so research on them but are there any problems, pro's and con's to these? I honestly don't know anything about these amps!

Thanks guys for your feed back, i honestly am taking it all in. There so many more options that i haven't really even looked at till now. Don't think that I'm not grateful for all of your answers. This is really helping me a lot and I'm glad you guys took the time to reply and help me out with all of my various questions!

Mate, the whole point of this website is for people to learn (well, and show off 8) ) if people who knew absolutely nothing didn't make thread with severely stupid questions, they wouldn't learn anything. Every time I see the OP apologize for their question I facepalm, haha, normally we are being rude or arguing with each other instead of answering the OP's question. To avoid being flamed, always have a look in the search section (if you can find anything in there, it's almost as bad as google sometimes. Yes, I don't like google sometimes) and if you didn't find anything in there, say that you didn't. Some people get annoyed when they have to answer the same question 5 times in a week.

Sometimes we sound rude, we don't mean to (most of the time :peepwall: ) we just don't think you are ready for doing a certain thing. Hdorre didn't mean to call you dumb (I hope) he was just saying that putting twice the rated power mightn't be a good idea until you have learnt a bit more.

But yeah, keep asking if you need to, you gotta start somewhere.

Now that you explain what he said better, it makes more sense, and I would agree with him. It's always a good idea to have the engine running though, the more current you have on supply the less likely voltage drop is. But yeah, as dwright said that earlier, more batteries first. People on here have an obsession for alts, say you run an Atomic 3K, you will be fine with just more batteries, unless you want to sit there for more than like 30 minutes with it on full. Then an alt would be a good idea to keep everything good. I reckon you'll be fine for batteries just now, you can always get an alt later on.

You should get some insane hairtricks going with a tune like that :good: .

What were you going to run again? 2 18" lvl 4's w/ lvl 5 soft parts?

All I can say about batteries is that 2 of These held up great with a Stetsom 10k, and on another occasion with an Atomic 3K at half an ohm.

A 3K amp on a burp will probably draw 350A or more, on music, much less. You'd be fine with a 200A one, but if you are sure you will upgrade to lots more power, you might as well invest in a bigger one.

Don't worry about an alt just yet though.

Pretty sure isn't good enough :nea: , it is a very important thing to know when planning a system. Especially when choosing amps.

Not knowing is all the fun! I don't know about American Bass, but Atomic is as good as Sundown. And everyone seems to go for Sundown, so lets get some more Atomic power going!

Or you could go used and get their 3K.

You're welcome :blush:

Edited by bassl0va

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Yeah i understand. Thanks man. I honestly looked around at amps and stuff but i had a pretty specific question to ask dealing with my setup. I couldn't get an answer out of any other threads.

Yeah i know. I got that too. I was just pissed off that he said that, plus it was late at night. But i completely understand and he is right. If i don't know what i am doing, i shouldn't try and do more then i understand.

Yeah dude, level 4 with level 5 soft parts. Which i am being told is the same thing as a level 5?

With the batteries, i was planning on just getting some more 1800HC's but i honestly don't know if that will cut it or not. Seeing as i already have one HC1800.

The subs i am like 99.9% positive that they are 2ohms. But yeah your right i should totally know what i ordered. But i kinda ordered them in a rush. I should have asked more questions and took down what i exactly got. Sorry man, huge mistake on my part though. I completely get that.

Yeah i just want to be able to pound and not have any problems with the amp. My friend got a hellfire amp and when it got to him, everything inside was blown to crap. He bought it straight from them too. I really don't want that to happen to me

Yeah i understand. Thanks man. I honestly looked around at amps and stuff but i had a pretty specific question to ask dealing with my setup. I couldn't get an answer out of any other threads.

Yeah i know. I got that too. I was just pissed off that he said that, plus it was late at night. But i completely understand and he is right. If i don't know what i am doing, i shouldn't try and do more then i understand.

Yeah dude, level 4 with level 5 soft parts. Which i am being told is the same thing as a level 5?

With the batteries, i was planning on just getting some more 1800HC's but i honestly don't know if that will cut it or not. Seeing as i already have one HC1800.

The subs i am like 99.9% positive that they are 2ohms. But yeah your right i should totally know what i ordered. But i kinda ordered them in a rush. I should have asked more questions and took down what i exactly got. Sorry man, huge mistake on my part though. I completely get that.

Yeah i just want to be able to pound and not have any problems with the amp. My friend got a hellfire amp and when it got to him, everything inside was blown to crap. He bought it straight from them too. I really don't want that to happen to me

^^ :peepwall:

just thought Id mention your suspension too....if your gonna be putting 2 18s walled in an accord, the rear shocks/springs arent gonna like you very much. Id upgrade them to avoid any problems in the future...

and about the bats and alternators....batteries are stored power. they provide it, but the alternator recharges them. the more batteries you add, the more your alternator has to work to recharge them all. thats why some of us like to upgrade alts too. It all depends on how much power you decide to run. the accord didnt come with that beefy of an alternator, and if you have an F series engine, fitting a bigger casing is kind of a pain in the ass. so keep that in mind too.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I'm mobile, so I have to make this fast. I didn't call you dumb. You just don't seem like you have the experience to put maximum power to a sub yet. There are many concepts you have to learn before you overpower a sub. There's.clipping, bottoming out, building a correct box to compensate for more power, and many more things even I don't understand yet.

I'm sorry if I offended you. It definitely wasn't my intention.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I am assuming you mean the level 5 coil option offered through DC? Or do you mean you had them reconed completely with a level 5 recone? As far as I know, the level 5 coil option does NOT have all of the same softparts as a level 5, just the coil. It might be a different spider too, but I am not sure. I have a level 4 with level 5 coil, and it gets moving damn good on 1500 RMS, I have heard of people putting 2k to them, but I wouldnt go any higher than that.

Black 2008.5 Mazda 3s Touring 5 Speed Hatchback

Tinted tails/turn indicators, blacked out emblems, partially debadged, 20% tint all around,

Big 3 in Knu KLMX 1/0, LED footwells/interior lights

DECK: Kenwood DDX-512 double DIN touchscreen with backup camera

FRONT STAGE: Stock for now, yippy (Looking for something nice...)

FRONT STAGE AMP: Looking for something nice...

SUB: 15 inch DC level 4 with level 5 coil upgrade, red dustcap

SUB AMP: Audiopipe AP15001D at 1 ohm

WIRING: All Knukoncepts Kolossus/KCA wire

LEGAL TERMLAB SCORE: 135.8db at 42hz(pathetic, I know. I need a battery in the back,

dropping to 11.9v isnt cutting it.....)

I haz teh Term-Lab. PM me if you are close and want to get metered.

Yeah dude! I have been thinking about my suspension too! I have no idea how it's going to handle haha. Any ideas/brands of suspension i should upgrade to? I have NO idea about that kind of stuff. I'm sure i can ask around but why not start with someone who knows why i need the upgrade and knows what they are talking about haha! What kind of alt do you recommend getting for what the gist of what we are talking about for amps. I mean, I have a SE not sure if it's F class honestly. But what do you think? I thinking about my alt having to power 4 batteries in the long run. I want to use DC power but I'm not sure if you have some better ideas?

Hdorre! All good man! Like i said you were totally right. I was just tired and your statement made me upset. But it's all good. I need to humble myself anyways. I honestly don't know much about it in reality. More then the average 16 year old with 2 12 inch subs but not more then you guys know. Thanks for the advice though! Really! And with what you just said, what is "bottoming out and what exactly do you mean when you said "building a correct box to compensate for more power" Like make it bigger? That raises questions that i want to know the answer to! I would be willing to look for it but I'm not sure if they have something about it...

Yeah man, through DC for sure. I have a upgraded spider also. So your sub is a 4dvc? Any recommendations for amps?