Sundown Audio

Kicker KX2500.1 vs. RF 2000.1(experance only and impartial)

SPLGEO

lol put it this way... they made that amp a 2ohm stable amp for a reason... maybe it will produce less power at less ohm level... or maybe it will fry insanely fast at that low ohm level.

Point being even with impendance rise and this and that if you want a 1ohm amp go rockford if you want a 2 ohm amp go kicker period. I would understand if you were doing burps because thats an extreme situation and in that situation you maybe able to get that kicker amp to run at .7ohm or what not for a few seconds and be fine but if your doing a daily setup then do what the manufact recommends. Im pretty sure kicker spent plenty of time and money figuring out what that amp can and cant do at diff ohm levels over an extended period of time... hence the rating on it

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

I thought most amps do sound better at higher ohm loads hence why alot of harcore sq guys will only run 4ohm not 2 or 1

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

RF BITCHES the T20001bd is a beast, 14.4 volts you could see near 3000watts RMS, tested over 2500watts RMS @ 12.5 volts. And that's why I'm buying FOUR of them bitches, one per each 18" BTL, plus RF is going to be powering my high and mids, T8004.

You just can't beat the power of the new Power Series, it just simply TOPS THE CLASS. I've always been a Kicker fan, but when they made the ZX series it was time to move on.

The reason they made the 2 ohm version was because of the the amp bridging everyone is doing these days, most of the percent channel inputs are at 2 ohms, they designed for mutliple amps linked up, but then they forgot about the guys that just want to use one of them. They were built for the Solo X's, one per coil.

I have this dream of this underground culture in mind, coming to life through the Audio that I build, Deep Perfection.YUKON'S SITEhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2397609

Yep TCAB(Mark Potts) recommend  teh Kx2500.1 and have the sub wired at 1 ohm for me. he said that the smaller and higer tuned boxes will not have as great of a rise as say a lager lower tuned box will. He said that the am will hardly ever see a true ohm loud over 2 ohms on that set up.

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

maybe true but it only takes a short amount of time at full tilt to fry an amp

Archived