CIVICsubs Posted December 9, 2010 Report Posted December 9, 2010 Ive recently blown 2 Alpine type R's 12" with my 500w Alpine mono -.-, not sure if its completely blown but they make loud rattly noises and they don't hit as hard anymore. I was wondering if anyone knew about Polk Audio.. Ive been researching the 12" SR series and I am wondering if it would be a good purchase.
Rotten Posted December 9, 2010 Report Posted December 9, 2010 if ya ask me... with polk your paying for the name... and im not sure thier as heavy of a hitter with woofers as with say thier component sets... only thing polk i have in my truck is my door coax's and thats cause they were on blow out sale.. i.m.o..... bang for buck, sub..... best sounding hardest hitting "cheap sub" ive owned was my PPI flat piston power class (sq class) tens.... 45$ each.. now im not saying your gonna win any db drags with em, but when i had em in my trans line ported box... they put my buddies type r 12's to shame -06' f-150... audio.video.performance.visual -08' yfz 450 all go. no sho
JaM Customs aka mprete Posted December 9, 2010 Report Posted December 9, 2010 i like polk audio and i have two 10in mm series 10s and they do fine. they are not competition loud or anything but they are good for my needs and are in tiny boxes so they do very good for how i use them. 2001 dodge ram 2500 quad cab 5.9L V8 my build logs... dodge build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/94914-mpretes-2001-dodge-ram-2500-quad-cab-build-log/ trik build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/94447-trik-build/page__p__1298547__hl__trik__fromsearch__1entry1298547 box building thread- very cool designs (PICS!!!) http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/95713-2d-or-3d-box-pics/page__gopid__1318152entry1318152 i am a mechanic, pm me if you have questions or anything.
TorK102 Posted December 10, 2010 Report Posted December 10, 2010 I had an alpine 12" type s that did the same thing to me man. Mass produced garb if you ask me. Are you looking for sound quality or sound pressure? If your looking for spl, I would recommend DC, T3, or Fi. They are all great brands with good prices. If your doing sound quality, you can't go wrong with an Fi Q series or Rainbow sub. I have my 15" DC level 4 and it sounds great, but I have it set up for comp. Check out the DC level 2, there is even an 8" model that costs $100, it sounds great and I have seen 136db on music with one My bass is louder than your mom... DC Level 4 15" with Level XL soft parts Planet Audio BB2400.1 Pioneer DEH-6000UB Head Unit 950 amp Kinetic Battery
CaptainzPlanetz Posted December 10, 2010 Report Posted December 10, 2010 99% sure they died from clipping, I would look into setting gains before you purchase new subs ¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ Trolls never learn............ All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls. YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS? Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.
white4d96 Posted December 10, 2010 Report Posted December 10, 2010 99% sure they died from clipping, I would look into setting gains before you purchase new subs What he said. I have two R-12's and I was running well over 1500RMS to the pair (so 150% their rated power) for months without any issues. Crappy subs aren't your issue; crappy tuning is. Too many projects, too little time...
98crewcab Posted December 10, 2010 Report Posted December 10, 2010 ^^^what they said. Running 850 watts rms to EACH type r 12. oscoped and clean. still going strong 06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck) 7" BDS HC lift kit (5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts (5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962 tablet in lieu of deck blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control) 4 Alpine type r 10's 6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz 2 brutus brx5000.5's 2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars 4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps 1 pair 8" polk audio for mids 2 xspower d3400 batteries.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.