03' Tahoe Build - 2 RE Audio 18s - full ICE install... And a Cummins 4bta Swap

100sq ft will do the whole truck i would believe so.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

FINALLY got my d3100 under the hood...

Ive been sick since last friday and I finally felt good enough to get it installed after work today.. and I must say I am very impressed with the power output of just one of these batteries... Even at full tilt, while driving, I cant even get the headlights to flicker anymore.. not true at idle... but its nothing compared to what it was....

Anyways...

P1010020.jpg

P1010019.jpg

P1010018.jpg

I flipped the battery compared to stock and put the positive post on the inside to limit the possiblity of coming in contact with bare metal...

The cables were simple enough to take care of... removed the factory sidepost bolts and rubbers... bolted them to 1' pieces of 2/0 cable and heat shrinked over the lugs/bolts... Again, thanks to work for keeping 1.5" id heat shrink handy that will actually fully shink down on 2/0 cable and seal... worked perfectly for going over the lugs/bolts holding the factory cables to the 2/0 extensions..

Anyways, I need to get steve or someone's advice on mounting the battery... right now its strapped in but I dont care for that so Ive gotta come up with something a bit more permanent... so if anyone has any advice that has done this swap... let me know.

Thanks alls

-Chris

03' Black Z71 Tahoe
3" Lift / 315/70/R17 Goodyear Duratracs
Eclipse AVN6620 Touchscreen Head Unit
Hifonics BRX3016 - 3krms @ 1ohm
2 RE Auido SX 18s - 14.5^3ft net @ 30hz w/ 200^2in. port
120hp Cummins 4bta Swap

• 5 months later...

FINALLY got my d3100 under the hood...

Ive been sick since last friday and I finally felt good enough to get it installed after work today.. and I must say I am very impressed with the power output of just one of these batteries... Even at full tilt, while driving, I cant even get the headlights to flicker anymore.. not true at idle... but its nothing compared to what it was....

Anyways...

P1010020.jpg

P1010019.jpg

P1010018.jpg

I flipped the battery compared to stock and put the positive post on the inside to limit the possiblity of coming in contact with bare metal...

The cables were simple enough to take care of... removed the factory sidepost bolts and rubbers... bolted them to 1' pieces of 2/0 cable and heat shrinked over the lugs/bolts... Again, thanks to work for keeping 1.5" id heat shrink handy that will actually fully shink down on 2/0 cable and seal... worked perfectly for going over the lugs/bolts holding the factory cables to the 2/0 extensions..

Anyways, I need to get steve or someone's advice on mounting the battery... right now its strapped in but I dont care for that so Ive gotta come up with something a bit more permanent... so if anyone has any advice that has done this swap... let me know.

Thanks alls

-Chris

Looking good bro! hey i was wondering did that beast just slide in with no hassle or did you have to mod anything because in my 03 suburban im not too sure something this size will fit in there??

• 1 year later...

Been a long time since Ive been on here... havn't had much time to spend on the audio side of things in this truck... but figured I'd go on and show whats been taking up the better part of this year.

Driving the truck around was getting a bit expensive... was dropping 75 a week or better in the tank just to get to and from work... so I needed to do something about it.

Out with the ol' 5.3

P1010384.jpg

P1010387.jpg

Hmmm...

P1010392.jpg

Getting there...

P1010538.jpg

O snap...

20121013_123440.jpg

Finally back up and running...

20121027_114135.jpg

20121027_114150.jpg

Here is a short vid of the first drive after tuning the trans controller... open exhaust

Took just over 8 months to do the swap... had many setbacks and a lot of fabrication... but its up and running... now has full 4" exhaust and is a bit quieter. I went from avg. 10mpg to avg. 20+mpg... the engine is a 120hp Cummins 4bta currently making more tq. then the 5.3 did... and will soon be making near double :)

You can check out a full build thread over on 4btswaps.com

http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/showthread.php?21080-03-Z71-Tahoe-4bta-Swap-(Looong-term-project..-well..-sorta)

Anyways... Im going to be gutting the interior in the next month and layering up the damp-pro... will finally be getting around to finishing my box (planning on changing it a bit however).. and getting this build back on track.

-Chris

03' Black Z71 Tahoe
3" Lift / 315/70/R17 Goodyear Duratracs
Eclipse AVN6620 Touchscreen Head Unit
Hifonics BRX3016 - 3krms @ 1ohm
2 RE Auido SX 18s - 14.5^3ft net @ 30hz w/ 200^2in. port
120hp Cummins 4bta Swap

Awesome build man, love the Cummins swap. I have dreams of one day putting a cummins in my F150

My Build Thread 2005 F150 : 2005 F150 Center Console Build

Center Console - 3.2 cubes @ 35hz

4 RE Audio SRX10s - Pure Audio 3000.1

8 6.5 Soundstream SME.658 - Soundstream TN4.900D

4 NX-5 Super Tweeters

We're can I get one of these engines. How much did that swap set you back?

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

Archived