Cablguy's 1997 Chevy Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

Atleast a 1/3 of the motor isn't under the cab(new Ford trucks with modular motors). Old style small and bigblocks are a breeze man :)

Can't wait to see you get this bad boy all good and going again!

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Atleast a 1/3 of the motor isn't under the cab(new Ford trucks with modular motors). Old style small and bigblocks are a breeze man :)

Can't wait to see you get this bad boy all good and going again!

Yea, we would not hesitate to pull the engine iff that was the case ...

... and I really miss working on my old 84 Chevy truck and 85 Chevy Camaro IROC Z28 ...

Thank you Sir ... It looks like the major problem I have was the intake gaskets leaking ... Not the head gaskets.

But I will get this verified by mt machineist friend soon, then we can make the repairs and get here running back to normal soon ...

as for mods and upgrades ... maybe next time, but I think something to the EFI was done yesterday ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Hopefully the engine will be done by next weekend so we can get the sub enclosure out, bed cover off, take the bed off of the truck, and get to work on the frame's "C" notch and finish up on the helper air bag installation ...

in the mean time ... I will have a "unused" amplifier ... So i plan to experiment !!!

I think I'm going to upgrade my amplification on my dash 5.25" component set from 150 wpc to 250 wpc ... removing the LP2150 and replacing it with the LP2250 ... yes, 500 watts on a 5.25" passive component set !!!

Then set up my 6.5" midbass drivers from a single LP2150 to a pair of LP2150s ... I think each amp will see 4 ohm mono, so that should make each driver with about 500 to 650 wpc give or take ... possibly more

Not looking to get any louder, but more dynamics and definition to the sound stage and image ... Should be interesting !!!

oh yea ... No subs, plan to run the door's 6.5" drivers absolutely fullrange !!! Got to make up the difference of the missing subs somehow ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Nothing set in stone ... I'm just curious to see what happens with the upgraded amplifier power ...
Plans are to set it back up the origional way as soon as the truck is ready for the enclosure to be reinstalled ...
then again ... Ray is probably going to need a test vehicle for the LP2400 to make and apearance at SBN this year ...

honnestly, with all the work I have going on here ... this may not get done, just depends on if my not too lazy to work on anything that doesn't really need to be worked on ... LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Truck is running !!! All of the major problems with the engine are fixed !!!
Only things left to do there is go back and readjust my exhaust doughnut gaskets so they will quit leaking, and throw in a gallon of antifreeze tomorrow ...
Next on the list ... Relpace the heater core so me and the wife can have some heat this winter ...
... and pull out the rear seat and amplifier rack so we can get the enclosure out to get it repaired ... Some more preventive work will be done to the truck also with this ...

Making progress !!! one wood screw at a time ...

Excellent. You might get a jump on the heater part, gonna be a cooler today and tonight supposed to be really cold. But you are a four hours south of me so maybe not that bad that way just yet.

Thanks brother ... working on it !!!

Are you and the guys gonna go to the Dec show in Lebanon?

I'm sure Ray and Herman will be there, but my truck will not be ready ... but I'm working on it !!!

I don't think I will be able to compete again until after March ...

The 4/6" drop looks great. That's my favorite drop on that bodystyle truck. You'll need that C-notch for sure, or it will beat you to death when that axle hits the bump stops and/frame(if you trimmed the bump stops).

Looking great though, I'm loving it. In case I missed it, you said repairs to the box, what happened to it? Weather damage?

Anyway, there is my quarterly check in, keep posting updates please :)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I agree with you ... just don't care for anything lower than a 4 / 6 drop ...

Just about every bagged vehicle like mine I see loses their use of the bed area ... and as you can tell, I need mine ...

We will get that rear suspension done in dure time ... I hope ...

... and hell yea, I'm thinking the beating my truck took from the hail storm shook my accordian boot loose and water got into my enclosure area ... once the enclosure is rebuilt, I'm going to have to outsides done with bed liner material (or something similar) ...

And thank you Sir !!! I may not get to post alot, but I'm keeping tabs on your build log too ...

... an for some reason, i have a cravin for some cool fiberglass work to be done for this year's competition season !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Starting tomorrow ... the amp rack, sub enclosure, bed cover, bed liner, and the tail gate is comming off of my truck ...
... Then on to Brookhaven (my dad's shop) this weekend to get the bed off of the truck so we can get started on the rear suspension repairs and upgrades ...

hopefully ...

Archived