Cablguy's 1997 Chevy Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

Well guys ... Looks like as soon as I get back from MECA World Finals (and I get my much needed demos from the MODDEX competitors), My dash, A-pillars, Kick pannels are comming out for a full "Front Stage" modification ...

Got some new ideas and Plan to go "Big Air" with it ... If it works out like I plan, Should be VERY interesting ... Stay tuned !!!

I'm not changing brands, and its not going to be like ANY other setup normal to Sound Quality ...

I'm keeping my center channel and rears ... So no need for discussion in this, I want to keep my 5.1 Surround Sound if only for personal reasons because I use this system for much more than just competiton ...

I'm stuck in the Higher classes with the Big Dogs so I might as well go "Balls to the Wall" with it ...

But keep this in mind ... I ONLY compete 2 seat judging classes !!!

I am NOT going to time align to the drivers seat only ... Absolutely a waste of time in my opinion ...

If you meeet me at MECA Finals, I will be glad to discuss this and give my ideas and get yours !!!

But I'm not posting actual plans just yet ... I'm only making measurements at this time ...

I can say that my front stage will be pushing somewhere around 750 watts rms ...

That would be 2 Linear Power LP2150s and a LP2075 (Left, Right, and Center) ...

Thanks SMD

Randal ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Whoa, I'm liking the sound of this idea, I hope it works out in your favor.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Well guys ... Looks like as soon as I get back from MECA World Finals (and I get my much needed demos from the MODDEX competitors), My dash, A-pillars, Kick pannels are comming out for a full "Front Stage" modification ...

Got some new ideas and Plan to go "Big Air" with it ... If it works out like I plan, Should be VERY interesting ... Stay tuned !!!

I was just getting ready to build my a-pillars, and I was going to sorta copy yours, since you had said before "Installing it this way automatically throws the stage and image up and out on the hood and gives a wide stage presence at the same time with little to no time alignment and processing, plus gives you ultimate left and right separation"

So does this mean your changing them, or will they still fire at the windshield?

Def. in for v.2!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Whoa, I'm liking the sound of this idea, I hope it works out in your favor.

Thank you Sir ...

I was just getting ready to build my a-pillars, and I was going to sorta copy yours, since you had said before "Installing it this way automatically throws the stage and image up and out on the hood and gives a wide stage presence at the same time with little to no time alignment and processing, plus gives you ultimate left and right separation"

So does this mean your changing them, or will they still fire at the windshield?

Def. in for v.2!

Yes, and I still feel this way ...

For a great sounding system, This is what I would do to most daily systems ... But what I'm looking for is perfecting on what I have to get better score sheets !!! I'm actually removing what I have and installing a new (junkyard) rebuilt dash, A-pillars ... etc ...

If I don't like it, I can always set it back up the way it was ... But then again, everything I'm goint to do on this upgrade is strickly in a planning stage, So things can change for better Sound, Stage, and Image ...

Trial and Error ... You know how it goes ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Ohhhhhh, i am tuned in! What are you and guys cooking up?

HEY MAN !!! Long time no Chat !!!

Yea brother ... we gots some work to do !!!

Ohhhhhh, i am tuned in! What are you and guys cooking up?

HEY MAN !!! Long time no Chat !!!

Yea brother ... we gots some work to do !!!

Yeah, its been a while, lol! Bought a house, started saving for my next build, prolly gonna rebuild either in the winter or Spring!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Congrats on the house Sir !!!

Can't wait Randal!

Thank you Sir ...

Archived