Cablguy's 1997 Chevy Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

Here you go guys ... Sorry, but my Blackberry takes shitt pics, but hopefully I can get things back in order soon and take somegood pics with he digi cam ...

We took the speaker grilles off so you could see the driver configuration ...

image_url-43297-1364170146.jpg

image_url-43297-1364170203.jpg

image_url-43297-1364170366.jpg

image_url-43297-1364170288.jpg

Still got some work to do to it, but major improvements from what was there !!!

Please let me know what you guys think ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Got the OK from the wife, and hopefully my truck will be driveable ... and I plan on making this event ...

562704_580234691986640_927857707_n_zps21

I'm hoping to be knee deep on getting this truck painted, so it may not look the best in the world, but it should be sounding good (I hope ... LOL)

See you there guys !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Nice!! I'm kinda surprised that the speakers are just pointing straight tho. Figured they'd be pointing towards the driver.

Also it looks like only 1/2 the speaker is showing out of the dash, why did you do that?

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

I'm kinda surprised that the speakers are just pointing straight tho. Figured they'd be pointing towards the driver.

That was kind of the idea at first ... but the insrument cluster (driver side) and the air bag canister (passenger side)changed those plans, But I'm thinking it worked out for the better, but the tweeters will be realigned and changed soon. I will explain it better when I learn more about it.

Also it looks like only 1/2 the speaker is showing out of the dash, why did you do that?

Yes Sir ... We countersank the 5.25" drivers about an inch and a half ... the ONLY way to get a 5.25" driver in that dash and still be able to drive the truck (pass state inspection) ...

I'm kinda surprised that the speakers are just pointing straight tho. Figured they'd be pointing towards the driver.

That was kind of the idea at first ... but the insrument cluster (driver side) and the air bag canister (passenger side)changed those plans, But I'm thinking it worked out for the better, but the tweeters will be realigned and changed soon. I will explain it better when I learn more about it.

Yes Sir ... We countersank the 5.25" drivers about an inch and a half ... the ONLY way to get a 5.25" driver in that dash and still be able to drive the truck (pass state inspection) ...

That's so lame...not even meca sq rules. Just state inspection!

Tuned in to hear why it's better straight forward! Looks good Randall bet it sounds even better

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Under MECA rules ... It falls nicely under MODDEX. Not sure yet about USACI SQ Rules ...

And thank you Sir !!!

Got some severe hail damage the other day ...
Hoping to get the body work started, We installed a fiberglass Cowl hood on White Lightning the other afternoon ... It's just mocked up, still gotta do some trimming, sanding, filling, priming, defacing, etc before paint and clear.

Decided to take some pics to see what evey one thinks and it started to get dark, so I fired up the LEDS ...
Sorry for the "Unfocused" pics ... LOL

2013-03-29_19-38-31_643_zpsdaaa42f2.jpg
2013-03-29_19-39-51_928_zps9b671709.jpg
2013-03-29_19-40-05_740_zps9f1d823f.jpg
2013-03-29_19-41-29_548_zps405b7055.jpg

I like the hood change. Sorry bout the weather damage. Had talked to Ray shortly after storm, he said there was a great deal of damage in the area.

Yea man thanks ... My wife's car was totaled and had alot of damage to the house ...

But hey, It could have been worse ... like a tornado or something, I'm just glad that my family is safe from this ...

again, thanks !!!

Looks soooooo kick ass..

Wish i could hear this......

well done man.. A no shit, "for real" man.

Great job bro...

God i wanna hear this

Thank you Sir ... I plan to be at the MECA Florence, AL event on 4-27-13. Trying my best to qualify for Finals ...

Money for shows and events are VERY limited this year ...

Hit me up and I will crank this bitch up for ya !!!

Archived