RyanJ Posted December 12, 2010 Report Posted December 12, 2010 Hey guys, so I'm getting 2 12" Fi SSD's with an AQ1200D with a stock alt, and then I'm going to upgrade later on when I get a new alt. But I have a few questions. So my friend has 2 15's running like ... ehh.. 2k watts? Well, he has a 01-03 Honda Accord with a stock alt, and I was just wondering, since everything he has is stock, would mine sound better since I'm not over-doing it? Like, his "meter" or whatever you guys call it (Sorry for my lack of knowledge) was 12.5 or something. The meter on the amp? I was just wondering, would my 12's slap like his? Or since he has more watts, mine wont. Also, would 2 12" Fi SSD's with an AQ1200D as people say give a "back massage" in a honda? Like, will it shake the seats enough for a back massage? Or shake my rear-view mirror? Thank you very much. MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
CaptainzPlanetz Posted December 12, 2010 Report Posted December 12, 2010 My guess is he has a prefab box, that is probably way too small for the subs, So I think if you build a nice box, you could very well be louder..... What subs/amp is he running?? ¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ Trolls never learn............ All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls. YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS? Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.
byers319 Posted December 12, 2010 Report Posted December 12, 2010 You said your GETTING, so isnt it a little late to be asking?
RyanJ Posted December 12, 2010 Author Report Posted December 12, 2010 My guess is he has a prefab box, that is probably way too small for the subs, So I think if you build a nice box, you could very well be louder..... What subs/amp is he running?? I am not sure what amp, but I'm pretty sure there Kicker CVR's 15's. And yeah, its in a Honda.. So I'm not sure if its prefab or whatever, but the voltage is 12.0-12.8 . MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
RyanJ Posted December 12, 2010 Author Report Posted December 12, 2010 Hey guys, so I'm getting 2 12" Fi SSD's with an AQ1200D with a stock alt, and then I'm going to upgrade later on when I get a new alt. But I have a few questions. So my friend has 2 15's running like ... ehh.. 2k watts? Well, he has a 01-03 Honda Accord with a stock alt, and I was just wondering, since everything he has is stock, would mine sound better since I'm not over-doing it? Like, his "meter" or whatever you guys call it (Sorry for my lack of knowledge) was 12.5 or something. The meter on the amp? I was just wondering, would my 12's slap like his? Or since he has more watts, mine wont. Also, would 2 12" Fi SSD's with an AQ1200D as people say give a "back massage" in a honda? Like, will it shake the seats enough for a back massage? Or shake my rear-view mirror? Thank you very much. Well, i think you're talking about your voltage... You should be more than fine... Weather or not yours "slaps" like his depends on several things, including but not limited to, electrical, box, port, Power, vehicle... Electrical: Mine - Stock His - Stock Subwoofers: Mine - 2 12" Fi SSD's His - 2 15" Kicker CVR's Box: Mine - No idea but turned to 35 hz? His - No idea Power: Mine - AQ1200D or SA1500? His - No idea what amp but said it runs 2.6k watts Car: Mine - 06 Civic His - 01-03 Honda Accord And yeah... Haha MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
RyanJ Posted December 12, 2010 Author Report Posted December 12, 2010 You said your GETTING, so isnt it a little late to be asking? Difference between GETTING and GOT. I was going to get the Fi SSD's, which I still probably am, but I haven't "ordered" it yet. Sorry for the confusion. MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
TeamHT Posted December 12, 2010 Report Posted December 12, 2010 What amp does he have? To answer your question in the easiest most basic form, say his amp is a cheap max 2600 watts...then he won't actually be seeing the number printed for people caught up in marketing schemes. Say his amp does 2600 watts at 16 volts...or 14...but he's dropping to 12s...then he obviously won't be making that power. Not to mention the efficiency of the amp. His amp may be possible of producing 2000 watts but at a 75% efficiency he could only be realistically looking at 1500. Not even factoring in his wiring. Say his wiring is not able to pull the max current so he's not even seeing the 1200. The size of the subs is not always important. The install, electrical, and enclosure mean more. He may have 15s but if you build the correct enclosure using the amps correctly in essence you should be louder. But this like I stated, is the most easiest and basic answer. We are not even factoring in the vehicle, speaker placement, firing, or a million other factors that could play into the equation. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
RyanJ Posted December 12, 2010 Author Report Posted December 12, 2010 What amp does he have? To answer your question in the easiest most basic form, say his amp is a cheap max 2600 watts...then he won't actually be seeing the number printed for people caught up in marketing schemes. Say his amp does 2600 watts at 16 volts...or 14...but he's dropping to 12s...then he obviously won't be making that power. Not to mention the efficiency of the amp. His amp may be possible of producing 2000 watts but at a 75% efficiency he could only be realistically looking at 1500. Not even factoring in his wiring. Say his wiring is not able to pull the max current so he's not even seeing the 1200. The size of the subs is not always important. The install, electrical, and enclosure mean more. He may have 15s but if you build the correct enclosure using the amps correctly in essence you should be louder. But this like I stated, is the most easiest and basic answer. We are not even factoring in the vehicle, speaker placement, firing, or a million other factors that could play into the equation. You should just become a superhero, answering all the questions ever needed to be answered. Haha. And I think his amp.... I mean, it doesn't look cheap, I can probably get the name soon. But yeah, he drops to like 12 volts.. So I dont know if that means anything, but yeah. MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
TeamHT Posted December 12, 2010 Report Posted December 12, 2010 Well...its hard to ignore my PMs...ha ha Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
TeamHT Posted December 12, 2010 Report Posted December 12, 2010 But there was one thing I thought I mentioned but rereading it I see I missed it, the watts if they are even rated could be at 1 ohm, and he might not even be wired to 1 ohm. 2600 watts is a lot to be running off of a completely stock electrical system...especially a Honda. Stock alt is like...80 amps max? If he was actually pulling enough current I would assume he'd be dropping even lower than 12 volts. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.